This photo was taking yesterday when I just happened to look outside my kitchen window to see a family of wild turkeys in our back yard. I zoomed in as close as I could and took this.
Nine days until our cruise. August 9th is the date of the cruise and we are getting very excited about it. Even Elena who isn't going on the cruise is excited and counting the days. Because she actually will be starting her fun before us since we are going to Mississippi on Tuesday and spend one day with mil and sil before driving back to Mobile, Alabama to board the ship and on our way. I really want if we like this cruise to look into maybe next Summer or after to go on another one and take Elena with us. It would also be cool if we could get other family members to go on the same cruise and we all could be together. Yes, I guess I have become cruise crazy! Give the girl her passport and suddenly she thinks the world is her oyster! ROFLOL
Had a good day health wise today and it seems that Jim did too. Now Elena is complaining about pains in her arms and legs. She may be having some growing pains or she has strained a muscle or something.
Going to miss my Great-nephew's church dedication though. I received our 'invitation' today and it's going to be on the Sunday we will be on our cruise. That day also is my Dad's side of the family's family reunion that he wanted us to be at. Well, can't do either. Since my sister is having a lunch for the invited guests at her house afterwards he is even going to skip the reunion and go to the dedication and the lunch. He says that Connor is more important! Wow!
Elena and I went to the bible study at the barn tonight. We missed it last week because Elena had a sore throat. The group seems to be growing and there were lots of interest for this to continue on during the school year too. A teenage girl was saved last week that Elena and I missed out on. But I really feel that God had it all planned out and that we were not meant to be there. It was a smaller group so it was much more personal for her and I am glad that it happened.
It's getting late and on to 8 days till the cruise! I will blog later!
Donna
3 comments:
How does one fry a wild turkey?
Very Carefully, Scott! I don't think you would want these turkeys. They aren't full of steroids. JK! Talk about FREE RANGE!
You are going to have soooo much fun on this cruise!! Just remember to relax some while you are running around trying to do everything they have to offer. Always save room for dessert!! Go to the shows and games - even Bingo - so much fun!! Can't wait to hear about your great vacation. Your siesta, Kathy
Post a Comment