I am a family oriented kinda gal. Family is important to me and this past vacation relived some wonderful memories and made some precious ones for my Elena. The only thing missing was my Mother and there were actually times when I felt her presence. My Aunt and Uncle went out of their way to make our visit perfect and I can't tell you how much I appreciated it. Their warmth was genuine and that is one of the reasons that my Mother's side of the family have always captivated me. They loved Elena and even when she said she wished she lived there they were actually thinking of a way when Elena could come and stay with them for a while! Wow! I am just not used to that any more. We stayed very busy and saw so much! Even went on a ghost walk in Colonial Williamsburg one night! That was really interesting! We saw Jamestown which is two separate areas now with the 400Th year anniversary, Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg and a tour around Kingsmill Plantation. I took 180 pictures and only a select few will be presented on my blog. I had access to the Internet but we were hardly home except to sleep. I wanted all to experience all that we did but I just couldn't find the energy to blog each day. I don't think I have ever walked so much! Anyway the best part is what I expressed at the first of this entry. Elena wants to go back and this time "can we stay longer?" :0)
6 comments:
We missed Jamestown/the ghost tour last time we were there (always a good excuse to come back!) I forgot to mention the restaurant Trellis! I hope mom mentioned it to you before you went!
Scott, we didn't see all of what we wanted to see because there is so much! You definately need to go and see it again soon. We saw the Trellis Restaurant but didn't dine there and yes Rose did mention it to me before we left.
Great history lessons for all....I hope you got to see the 3 ships at Jamestown. The re-enacting at Jamestown and Williamsburg is very good. Glad to hear that it was a memorable time for all. The food in the whole area is great. I think, I just gained another pound just thinking about it...
Yes, Anonymous 3:31 we did see the three ships and many reanactments. I even was picked to be part of a mock trial in CW! LOL
I'm so glad that you all enjoyed Williamsburg. It is a wonderful place. We did walk around Williamsburg one night, and we did see part of the ghost tour.
What were you and Elena doing on the stage in Bush Gardens. We didn't go to Bush Gardens or the plantations. I think you really got a lot accomplished in the time you were there.
Rose
Rose, we were stumping grapes! LOL Can't you see the grape stains on the aprons! HA!
Post a Comment