Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Still....

Still even knowing what I do about what I can do to solve the missing passport problem I still was disappointed when again today there was a no show in the mailbox. But that shouldn't be a concern to me now. I should be more concerned about what is going on inside my body and how this is all going to work out being on a cruise ship. Good thing that I see my doctor today and I even stepped on the scales this morning so I won't be too shocked when the "NURSE" weighs me and snarls. LOL


Elena will be participating in a horse show this weekend. This horse life is really costing us but this is all she does aside from swimming so I can't complain too much but it can get pricey. On Tuesday evenings at the barn now they are having a Bible study for the girls and ladies of the barn led by the owner and one of my daughter's instructors from last school year. Last night was the second one and I was the ONLY lady there who didn't LOVE horses, own one or more horses or is starting up their own barn! LOL Elena was around playing with the cats and not listening and she's the one who has the other common interest besides of course being sisters in Christ. One of the young girls there lives up the street from us! They have a small pasture and barn that houses their two horses and we have wanted so much to meet them but how their house is so off the road it isn't inviting to just ride down this private long drive to their house to meet them so although this isn't the way to be I have not found it comfortable to just go down there. This same young girl has just recovered from her horse kicking her right in the ribs. Needless to say the parents want to sell the horse and buy her a new one because they now don't trust the horse. I would sell them both and be done with them but like Elena this child has a love for horses that even a kick in the side hasn't hurt. I don't feel that kinda love! LOL I really felt out of place and if Elena isn't interested in sharing her heart and listening to what is said for just the 45 minutes we are there then I don't think I will go next week. I however enjoy sharing what God has done in my life with these other women/girls and it is exciting to hear from them as well so maybe it is more for me to be there than for Elena. Hmmmm.... I think God just told me that!

OK, the picture of the day is of me, Elena and my Aunt and Uncle in front of one of the houses in Colonial Williamsburg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your last two blogs.

I found Jamestown one of my favorite places in Williamsburg. I loved the ships, the fort and the Indian village. There was some construction going on when we visited, I'm not sure what they were building, it may have been a building to store artifacts from that site. Was there some building that was fairly new?

What did your DR say today? I hope the nurse was civil to you. I am a big fan of probiotics for all types of stomach problems.

I hope to see you online soon.

Rose

Anonymous said...

Hope the nurse was on good behavior! Don't worry about other people and their "snarls", just be glad you are not her & are the sweet person you are! I usually try to smile and be extra nice to those who are the rudest. Sometimes it just totally confuses them like they are not used to being treated that way!
About loving horses. I know the feeling. I like horses but boy does Sarah LOVE them. Once when she was at horse camp her favorite bit her! It totally didn't phase her, she knew the horse didn't mean to hurt her and was only trying to get to her bag where she kept the apple that she brought him as a treat everyday. Totally understanding and loving, these horse loving girls are something special!
- Kathy, NJ