Sunday, July 1, 2007

The first of JULY!

It started as a get ready and get out to at least make it to the second service this morning. We made it just right and Elena seemed calm this morning although I did talk her out of wearing this real short, short set and putting on her cute new over-all that looks better than they sound. She's such a pretty girl. :0) After church we were all starving and since I've been cooking all week Jim agreed for a inexpensive place but he didn't bargain that Elena would order a half rack of ribs! She ate every bit of them and it doesn't cease to amaze me how much she eats now since she is pretty much medicine free. And since she eats more so do I! Even braces hasn't slowed her down. I remember losing weight when I got my braces which then I didn't need to as she doesn't need to do but today well... let's just don't get into that too much. LOL I know I need a real big kick in the bottom because I have not been serious at all about eating better.

I started reading another book today at the pool as Elena swam with her cousins. In the meantime my sister was totally cleaning her screened in porch because a lot of people are coming to her house for the fourth of July. I am going to make that broccoli slaw that Jim likes so much and bring that and probably some drinks. There will be a lot of people there and my brother in law was busy working in his yard trying to make it perfect. Poor guy borrowed a bob cat from a friend and was trying to re-do a place in his front yard that he hated and two of the tires of the bob cat blew out! He was so upset with himself that he should of left it alone because now it looked worse than ever. I can't blame him because like him I tend to not do things that need to be done until something was going to be at my house like a dinner or company coming over for a visit. It doesn't look like my house is going to be looking real good any time soon because I keep begging people to come see me and no one comes! ha!

Well, watching the food network is not going to be good for motivation of doing right. Especially if the throw down on Bobby Flay is on sticky buns. OY!

Well need to go. Been hanging around some to see if my sil signs on. I think she is avoiding me!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your last two blogs. I love the picture of Christina and Noel. I've never seen Noel before, what a cutie.

I am not avoiding you, I was at Kathy's house last night and I've been tired lately and not getting on the computer at night. I'd love to talk to you. We almost got to chat the other day but a storm came to your home. ha.

Barkley is a great dog, I hope his health improves. Annie is a wonderful dog also. She is so easy going. At Marc's birthday party, someone brought two dogs with them. Annie was happy to have playmates and accepted them willingly. She was also happy with all the human guest. Good dog, she even shared her food with the other dogs.

Rose

Anonymous said...

The brocoli slaw sounds good, is it easy to make? I've bought the brocoli already shreded awhile ago. What do you add to it?

Anthony and I watched that sticky bun program and that is why we stopped at the bakery the very next day. They didn't have sticky buns so we bought bear claws. ha

Rose

Anonymous said...

Ribs with braces?!?? Sounds like there should have been a drum-roll!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Elena is going through a growth spurt. Every time my kids start eating a lot they seem to grow an inch or two (upwards not outwards - hee hee hee). - Kathy