Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Nice Saturday

Things are going back forth arranging for our visit to Williamsburg next week. My Uncle emailed this morning asking if we are Vegetarian or Republican!! He's such a hoot!!! I wish you all could meet this extraordinary person. I can't wait to see him and my Aunt.

This entry is going to be more of a re-cap of yesterday since I didn't really make a entry yesterday. Jim was sick most of the day with one of his neck aches that give him symptoms very similar to a migraine headache. I went to the drug store and had some pain medication prescription he had from another time refilled and it wasn't till after he took that one pill and rested he felt better. I had a hair appointment so I left Elena with him who was going to clean the lunch dishes but when I arrived home they were all still in the sink. I saw the only thing she did was put water in a milk container preparing it for the recycle bin. There was a threat of a rain storm but nothing really happened here. When I went back out to go to the grocery store I saw where there were spots which were wet but nothing really to talk about. This weekend is due for rain but even as I type it's dry. Yesterday evening we walked to "paw-paw busters" to see if he had any new DVDs to borrow. Elena saw Shaggy Dog which we saw at the theater but wanted to see again so we got that one and watched it when we got home. My Dad and his wife will be home tomorrow so I will need to make sure to return it because it wasn't out of the box and into his many DVD cases. The seal was broken so that was a sign it had been viewed and we could watch it. HA! The rules can be tricky... Tim Allen is a hoot though and we enjoyed watching it together.
The other day we did go see Ratatouille and that was good. I was so tired though because of my ant bites from the other night I had taken a benedryl and was really groggy. I will need to see that movie again! LOL
Jim took Elena out on a Zoo run this morning. She hasn't been to our area zoo in such a long time and even though it may be for the youngsters normally my pre-teen is always in the market of seeing animals. So, he let me have a morning to myself and he took her. They should be home soon because it is starting to get hot and Jim can't take too much heat like most of us as we age... HA
I really need to focus on packing now and what we will need. Good walking shoes will be the highest priority because there will be a lot of walking in Colonial Williamsburg! I can't wait to see it all!
Have a great Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you all will enjoy Williamsburg. I loved it there. If you get a chance I highly recomment the "Trellis" restaurant. It's a little pricey, but oh so worth it. We had dinner there and liked it so much we went back the next day for lunch.

Rose

charlestonyaya said...

Found you through LPM - great to see another Carolina Girl on here!!

Anonymous said...

Good walking shoes will be a good investment! I hear there is a lot of walking. Don't know if Elena is too old for American Girl stuff yet but if she hasn't seen the Felicity movie or read her books she may be interested. Felicity is the doll (girl) that is from Williamsburg. It is nice to learn a little history before visiting an area.
Hope Jim is feeling better
- Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy Williamsburg....great place! You've been there before, right?