Friday, July 20, 2007

One Month from Today

In just a month my Elena will be starting 7th grade. How could this have happened? Are we ready.. no but we are having a great Summer I think. The weather is strange as it looks all of a sudden really dark and maybe a storm coming. Elena doesn't care, she wants to go swimming because she is bored. I too can't get motivated into doing stuff although I did get all the grocery shopping done last night then my sister who lives in Minnesota calls begging for us to come see them soon. Can't really drive there.... So any one have any frequent flyer miles they want to give to three needy people?! LOL It's not just the way to get there it's the time off from Jim's work to go. I think all his vacation days are accounted for this year. Oh, I am hearing some rain now it's finally doing something! Maybe that will satisfy her not to go out swimming. LOL My Aunt emailed the pound cake recipe Elena wanted last night and I thought we could make it but she's found something else for now.

I loved that Washington D.C.'s commission from the Living Proof live event. It really spoke to me especially the part: "He who turns water into wine turns wimps into warriors". That's me the wimp and I am so yearning to be a warrior for the one who made me. I wish I could write like that. Several things from those events have spoken to me and I am just thankful for them all.

Jim is home early from work but he is sleeping. It's one of those days. I just pray all goes well for Elena and her big day at the horse show tomorrow. I don't think my Dad would be interested but I will mention it to him.

Have a good, relaxing day. It's POURING here now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My how the summer flies!

Anonymous said...

You & Jim are ready for 7th grade just as Elena will be just fine with it. She is a great kid!
Good luck at the horse show. :)
Is everything OK with Jim? Is he not feeling well again?
-Kathy, NJ