Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Don't be anxious!

Easier said than done I used to say but now I know it isn't impossible however right now I am really fighting that weakness in my human being. On March 28, 2007 I applied for my passport after we had made a deposit to go on a four-day cruise in August. Yesterday I received my documents from the cruise lines and in bold letters "all homeland security documents are necessary and no exceptions before I can board the boat" only flash in front of my eyes. OK, let's do the Math that's been what now almost 15 weeks of waiting for my passport that originally was to be here in 10 weeks! I go to the web site only to see "being processed" by my inquiry number. If we hadn't already paid for this cruise and it was refundable if I can't board because of this situation which is highly out of my control it wouldn't phase me. But.. (here comes the but..) it does phase me! Alright Donna take a deep breath and let God handle this! It's not a life or death situation.. it's only a passport for heaven's sake. Not to mention your ONLY copy of your certified birth certificate is among all those others who thought they had 'plenty of time'. LOL

Something else that is bothering me and I will get back to the trip for tomorrow subject. I saw on a news site yesterday morning of a well known Bishop or some one of that caliber who now feels strongly that the Bible is just a bunch of stories that men have compiled during desperate times. He stated that Hell is non existent and that there isn't even a devil. I wanted to show this to my husband later and the news article has disappeared! I know that I saw it because it even had a video clip where a major TV station was going to air all this on Friday the thirteenth. So, if he doesn't believe what is written by the apostles those who have seen our Lord those who have been to heaven and those who witnessed Jesus death and Resurrection then what does he have? What does he believe in? This is a well known man, one who stood in a church and declared the relief that he didn't have to worry about where he was going when he died in front of a large audience during the Columbine tragedy. It is easy to feel defensive but I know that this has happened before. God has heard this all before. Why does He keep putting up with us?? That I will never understand but am so thankful I don't have to.

OK, now I can type all this because my daughter is still sleeping. She had her cousin over for the night last night and I don't think they went to sleep till 12:00 midnight. I have most all the laundry done for the trip now and the car is cleaned out and ready to be in the 'trip mode'! I have to pack and clean the house now so that when we return it will be a welcome home! LOL I am crazy, but I can't stand to come home to a dirty house!!! Elena had her bracket repaired yesterday afternoon and we didn't have to wait as long as we were told we would probably even though they were extremely busy. Of all the orthodontists in our town I am so amazed of how the demand for this care is so high and at this no frills office! I checked around with prices and this office was very conservative with their prices so probably why they are so busy.

Time for another cup of java and back to the tasks before me. I have the copy of my U.S. Passport Application Status with the number ready to inquire again! LOL God, please give me peace about this!!! Please note I am a WORK IN PROGRESS!

I will not have another post before our departure tomorrow morning to Williamsburg. I will update from there if I have the means to.

TTFN!
http://www.google.com/bookmarks/url?url=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story%3Fid%3D3356360%26page%3D1&ei=fVWURqz2KczKVM_CvKYN&sig2=O2bQtOfkNfP6QPuakFgNxw&zx=NpnLV4jcNG0&ct=b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Williamsburg and a safe trip.

I haven't seen you on line for a few days now and I wanted to let you know that I am feeling better. I've been pain free for several days now. My joint pain just seems to come and go. I feel more like myself again and have more energy.

I've read that many people are waiting for their passports, I would think the cruise line knows about the delay. Maybe you could contact the cruise line and see what they have to say about the situation.

Your just planning on visiting Mexico, it's not like you are sneaking over the boarder to live there.

I made the broccoli slaw and we all loved it. Thanks for the recipe. I changed it a bit, I'm always changing recipes. I reduced the butter, added some olive oil and used brown splenda. We found some great pumpkin seeds that were grown right here in Brick.

Rose

charlestonyaya said...

Donna,
You can check with your local senator or congressman. I thought that because of the delays in passports the new ruling had been temporary lifted again for cruises. Also, You can get one immediately from the office in Miami in person - don't know where you are cruising from. My husband and a close friend are leaving for Africa for two weeks on a mission trip - we have been dealing with this for months. Lesson learned - always have multiple copies of certified birth certificates!! Hope this all works out!! Kathy

Courtney said...

Hi Donna, I saw your profile on Beth Moore's blog and I just wanted to say hi.. I'm a fellow sc gal! :)

Have a great afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Deep breath, relax in Williamsburg and have faith that everything will work out. You may have a lot of phone work and checking on line but it will work out!!!! You & Jim deserve this cruise!
Enjoy Willimasburg, wish we were there with you! - Kathy