Monday, July 23, 2007

THANK YOU!

It made me so proud to read your comments for my Elena and her achievement on her second horse show. My Uncle sent me a special note of congratulations to her and I read that to her. It was funny because about every night my Uncle cooked out something out on his charcoal grill. One night he made a wonderful flank steak and Elena wanted to add her touch by putting on the fire a pine cone to add that special flavor. LOL Well he wrote saying to tell Elena he cooked out hamburgers and they added to the charcoal a beautiful pine cone in her memory and the flavor was great! LOL Funny, huh and guess what we had tonight? A flank steak but since we use a gas grill no pine cones could be added. Of course Elena wants her Dad to get a charcoal grill for his birthday. LOL


Sundays are my rest days. I had a awful migraine this morning and the Aleve helped but I was so wore out I actually slept till 4:00 P.M.!!! Can you believe that? I missed out with worshiping but in my dreams I was doing just that so I don't feel I was missing out on doing what I should be doing on the Lord's Day. You know I want to act like it's Sunday every day any way! But the down side is that it is 1:00 in the morning and I am wide awake. LOL


Just watched the Next Food Network star show. The one I voted for won. Elena and I made the pound cake that she loved so much at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Wmsburg. I think the shortening I had was too old or something because that is all I could taste. I am trashing it and we will try another one with fresher shortening. I don't use shortening much so that's why this happened I guess. Now I am watching HG TV... need some decorating tips!


Hey, Yvette!!! You found me! I am glad it worked for you finally. I hope your BF found Greenville nice this weekend.


Well, gotta go. I will post another pic from the show yesterday.

2 comments:

Jesus Girl said...

I was in Columbia, SC at the LPM event, too!! We amy have crossed paths.

Hope was supposed to go with me, but she backed out at the last minute, too afraid to travel that far. That's one reason this trip to The Cove was sooooo awesome. She was petrified, but we made it safely. Then, of course, you know the story of her phone!

Congrats on the ribbon. I always wanted to show, but my Dad wouldn't let me. I'll live vicariously through Elena. (MY Mom's name was Lena)!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

Rose