I hope every one won't be disappointed but I did not take but two pictures yesterday and both have my great nephew Connor in them! I love that little guy! He has gained more weight and now he weighs over 6 pounds!!! I believe the amount is nearing the 7 pound mark. It was a hot, hot day and good thing my sister has a swimming pool because that is where my daughter was ALL AFTERNOON!! She met someone who she says has a crush on her. LOL She's so modest!! Anyway, she did come up for food every now and then and speaking of food there were loads of it. I brought home some slaw and good thing that I didn't double the recipe! My sister was surprised there were any left over because she said it was great! Karen and her boyfriend were there and they brought two desserts and kept them hidden till every one had dessert then pulled them out. I didn't understand the reasoning for that but I HAD to have a slice of both just for principle don't you know! LOL It was a chocolate mousse pie and a strawberry cake that was awesome! Finally, I drag Elena out of the pool (Jim had already left a couple hours earlier) and walked home.
That night there were two fireworks shows to choose from. One downtown and another at a huge church that featured rides, concerts and a petting zoo. We had been to the one downtown before and so we decided to try the one at that church. It was so crowded and although we did manage to find a parking place sort of near the area of the event we did a lot of walking to it. There were so many people although there were so many security figures around I did not feel safe in the crowd. Jim was smart and remembered to bring a couple of chairs and Elena brought a beach towel to sit on. We found a place to 'perch' and waited for a couple of hours for the show that we really wanted to see. In the background we did see the downtown show so in a way we saw two shows for the price of one! The long awaited show was really good. It was worth the wait. The departure was not so good. We waited in the parking lot with my daughter holding her bladder for a good 40 minutes before they finally sent patrol men to try and control the traffic flow onto the busy Haywood Road. Before they arrived I remembered that Elena had left her Nintendo case in the car from the Mississippi trip and told her to check it to see if her console was in the case. God is so good because there it was and that kept her mind off her bladder for a while! Also while waiting for the show I was eaten by fire ants and my toes were really not feeling good. Low and behold in the car was some cortisone cream FROM OUR TRIP TO MISSISSIPPI! LOL Praise Him, praise Him!!
We all crashed around midnight and slept till Jim finally had to get us up this morning. Well, I got up myself but Elena had to be awakened!! So, Elena quoted this fourth of Julie as the best ever!! I am glad she loved it. Yes, I am a OLD softie! LOL
3 comments:
Sounds like a great holiday! Wish we had some of that warm weather - it was so chilly & overcast here!
Hope your next fourth of Julie is just as great! :) - Kathy
We can't blame you for liking the little guy, he looks...well, quite sleepy! Glad you enjoyed the day.
Sounds like a great day.
What a beautiful baby, he looks perfect. Your Dad must be very happy with his first great grand son.
Rose
Post a Comment