Saturday, August 30, 2008

D'Andrea bed and breakfast

I think there may be a sign out front that reads the title of this blog. LOL Tomorrow morning my Mississippi relatives are coming with three dogs to escape hurricane Gustav's fury. I sure hope that this hurricane isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting but it doesn't look like my wish will come true. It's just a matter of when and where. This is not a surprise because the other day when Jim spoke to Lisa she had already had no luck finding a hotel at all not to mention one that would except pets. So, this isn't a surprise.
My appointment with the surgeon was interesting. He wants me to have a UGI done to see how bad the hernia is now. If it looks that maybe I can just manage it with medication then I don't have to have surgery again. If it looks bad that medicine will not help then it is to happen. I may not be as fortunate too with how they will do it. When I first had it done I had it performed laproscopically. If there is a lot of scar tissue they will have to cut me and won't know till they get in there to know about the scar tissue. IF I have to have surgery that is should be done now because of my age. I am not getting any younger... OH MY! NEWS FLASH! Neither is any one else.
Guess when I have the UGI done? Tuesday! And on Wednesday is my ladies bible study where I am needed to set up the coffee. So, I have to be there. Wednesday is also my birthday I was supposed to have lunch with friends for it but I will have to re-schedule because most likely my hurricane escapee's will still be here. I am glad we can help them but I can not change the test.
So, where else can we escape to?? Maybe it won't be like Katrina.. just maybe.
Grace and Peace,
Donna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that sign over your house...LOL Maybe we will be visiting thurs or fri if Hannah hits us...LOL

Enjoy your company!

`yvette

Rose said...

I hope your test goes well. You should be able to live your life even with guests in your home. I'm sure they will realize you have things scheduled.

If you do need the surgery, maybe you could get it done while your guest are there so they can help you.

This hurricane as, seen on TV, is really worrying me. I wish Mom had moved away from there after Katrina, maybe more people will move away from the coast. I hope the other relatives will be safe.

Whenever, you feel that you need a break, excuse yourself and go to your room. Take a shower or pretend to, ha. Keep a good book in your room for relaxation.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with what my mom said. I never knew how sneaky she was... pretend to shower...these blogs shed new light on people you think you know like the back of your hand - Ha!
Anyway, they are coming to stay with you & they are family. You need to take care of your health & they can help you out. That's what family does, you are helping them by giving them a room at the Inn (LOL), they can help you IF you need surgery by attending to things that neeed to be taken care of when you are recouperating. It is nice to be useful!
Also they will probably be taking the kids out to parks and things during the day while Elena is in school. Maybe while Lisa is out with the kids Grandma can come to the bible study? You never know, she may be happy you asked, she might need a break from the kids and dogs too.
Our prayers are with you for a peaceful visit!
- Kathy, NJ