Thursday, September 4, 2008

Then there is Hanna and Ike

Not Ike and Tina but now it is Hanna and Ike. I don't for some reason feel any threat about Hanna but Ike is being talked about as becoming a monster storm. I could end up eating my words but here lately my 'feelings' have come true. My evacuationers (a new word made up by my sister in law) were here at 11ish on Sunday evening and gone on September 3rd around 10:14 or so. They arrived home last night even after a blow out in one of their tires (scary, but worked out) in better time then their 15 hour drive here last Sunday. With the five of them were three little dogs. What sweet, vivacious, wet most of the time doggies. Each one with their own personalities. I do not know WHY I didn't take pictures of the three of them sitting on the wicker love seat that they made their own (if you know what I mean)on our screened in porch because it was just too cute. Maybe because I wasn't wanting to document this last holiday of Summer with pictures. Too bad because life is too short and you just never know about what is going to happen next. The reason why I am not putting away in storage our trundle portable bed just yet.
My birthday yesterday was a tired, but nice birthday. Even though it was looking at the first of it not very good it turned out really nice. I was amazed all the good wishes I received on my cell phone, cards in the mail, phone calls and messages on Facebook. Thank you all! My last year in the forties started out very memorable.
Thankful to report no damage except losing a outdoor gazebo at my sister in law's house and nothing that I know of of my mother in law's house.
Well, enough for now. Just remembering this past weekend has made me a little sleepy! LOL
Grace and Peace,
Donna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice birthday! ;0)
`yvette

Rose said...

Hopefully, we will all stay safe, even with all these storms. Bad weather can come anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Glad your day was a happy one! Also glad there was no storm damage for anyone. Who knows with Ike coming maybe we will will hang the "Bed & Breakfast" shingle out for you all, or maybe we will have to come to your "Bed & Breakfast"! Let's hope Ike is not as bad as they are thinking he may be and we can all stay home and blog!
We have Tropical storm Hannah supposedly coming here in an hour or so.... let's hope she is not too bad to us either. Hope she goes easy on you all as well.
- Kathy, NJ

Anonymous said...

You're right, Ike does look like a bad one!

Glad to see you've had a happy birthday!

- Scott