Hanna wasn't a walk in the park but still only stayed a tropical storm. Now Ike is proving as unpredictable as Gustav. Will it be bad, not so bad, or will it just just blow poor Cuba off the face of the earth. I feel so bad for that country. It has been hit horribly by all the storms but I think Hanna all this hurricane season.
My bff is turning 57 this Tuesday. He definitely doesn't look older than myself and we all know how old I am now.
During a crisis I do well but after it is said and done my body has to recuperate from all the stress during the crisis. Today was my official day of rest day. I was able to just kick back and rest as my family went on with life as usual. I think I had a brief episode of depression because I just couldn't pull myself out of bed until around 2:00 this afternoon. Then even after I ate some lunch I had to return back to bed. No energy, acid building in my chest and plenty of strange dreams. This evening I feel much more like myself but was sad I missed out on a whole day with my family. My appetite is back and am feeling like I am over the depression and back into life. Elena swam twice next door though today so at least she didn't waste the day.
Spoke to my sil yesterday whom when I said we have not put away the extra beds in case she needs to come back here she tells me her soon to be ex-husband booked a room in Montgomery at a hotel that takes pets next weekend. I know that is closer to them but I was a little hurt by him all of a sudden acting as if he cares attitude. I thought we treated every one right. It was rough with the three little dogs but they know this place now and it shouldn't be as chaotic the next time. Hoping that they won't have to leave at all for Mr. Ike.
Well, have a good Monday every one!
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
Hanna gave us 2 inches of needed rain. Our neighborhood didn't even have much wind. Not many branches down, only dead ones. Kathy had a little more wind in her neighborhood, but it was just a little rain storm for most of us. No damage. I hope you got some rain from Hanna, I know you needed it.
I'm sure you and Jim were wonderful hosts. I know the drive tired Lisa out and I think she would welcome some place closer to evacuate to. If I were you, I wouldn't put any extra bedding away. You never know, even with reservations, they might arrive at the hotel and find no rooms available. I hope that they don't have to evacuate again this year. Maybe next year, Mom will come up here and spend the hurricane season with us so she doesn't have to travel so much.
Post a Comment