Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Tuesday and I need to say something but not sure what to say. I am having a low day. I don't understand where it's coming from or how but today has been one of those days. To perk myself up I am going to go for a walk soon taking with me my brand new ipod nano! Jim had bought me for my birthday a mp3 player but it had issues and with the money my Dad gave me I only had to add a little to get this awesome little gadget. Yes, I could of bought clothes or something more practical but I have been eyeing these things ever since we got Elena one for Christmas last year. So, see I should be in a good state of mind but alas I think it happened when I stepped on the scales and saw I gained 3 pounds. I am not understanding my body right now. I am walking, watching what I am eating but something isn't right. If you see how my clothes are fitting I am losing some fat but how come it's so inconsistent on the scales? I have been up and down for over a week now and feeling really discouraged. So, don't give up.. right?! I need to be stronger before the surgery. I want to be as strong as possible especially if they end up cutting because I want to bounce back quickly.
Well, let me go walk now. I hope to feel better afterwards.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
Update: Walked and feel some better emotionally. The music while walking was fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a little better.

`smooches,
yvette

charlestonyaya said...

NO FEAR...
The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear?
(Psalm 27:1)

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)

I sought the Lord, and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears.
(Psalm 34:4)

Don’t be afraid; just believe. (Mark 5:36)

Stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel, without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. (Philippians 1:27-28)

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. (Romans 8:15)

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:2-3)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10)

If God is for us, who can be against us? Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all. He gave us his Son - will he not also freely give us all things?
(Romans 8:31-32)

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. (Isaiah 12:2)
love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

You are doing a good thing by walking and eating right - taking care of yourself helps take care of your family too. Don't let a few pounds discourage you - hard work pays off - stick to it girl, you are doing fine!
Hope your weekend is relaxing!
-Kathy, NJ

Sherry Shealy Martschink said...

Hope things are going well. I'm trying Weight Watchers but have had two not-so-good weeks. I don't keep scales at home!