Thursday, October 2, 2008

Still Struggling

Weight loss is still a issue and so are my low moments. However support from my family and friends have been such a blessing to me. I think my low moments is due to the anxiety of the up coming surgery. I am very nervous about this surgery but the way I have been feeling has made me realize that I do need to have this done. The timing is so bad. That weekend is mine and Jim's 24Th anniversary, Wendell's birthday, and my niece is participating in a Miss Hill topper pageant. Tomorrow night we will go out and Elena is staying at my sister's house but not over night. So, it will be just a date night and I still look forward to it. It's been a LONG TIME since we have been out together for just a date night with Elena being in town. The last time was last summer when she was gone to camp.
It's so hard to get Elena to bed at night. How is this going to work out?! Also school...What about school? There is going to have to be a lot of maturing during all this. I know this will be hard but she can do it and I have to trust her to do it.
Grace and Peace,
Donna

1 comment:

Rose said...

All of your concerns are the concerns of all mothers. Will your child be OK while you are in the hospital? I think we would all have the same concerns. Also the guilt feeling that you are leaving so much responsibility for your spouse. But this as so many other things in life must be done and we all do what must be done.

This just reminded me of the time that I went through in my 20's. I didn't know that I had a problem with my heart until then. The Doctors didn't know much about the condition that I have, at that time. So, they thought I had a heart attack and I wasn't getting better. My main concern was what will happen to my children and my husband. I felt so bad about leaving him with all of the responsiblity of raising 2 children. (This was before Scott was born). My worries were for nothing (as most worries are), we all got through that time just fine and with the correct medication, I have lived longer than the Doctors thought I would.

You have many people praying for your quick recovery.