Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting better all the time

Some how I goofed yesterday. I have been feeling pretty good. No pain, low energy because of sleep patterns are still not balanced out between night and day but all in all doing really well. My appt. Tuesday went well, incisions looked good although was itching me like mad and I was taken off the soft food diet and given permission to eat what I want. Only limitation was the straining and lifting for just one more week. Later on Tuesday my itching increased but finding some neosporin with pain medication seemed to calm the itching down. Tuesday night I could not rest but seemed to get enough that I had the energy to get up and get to the church Wednesday morning to help with the coffee setup that I am in charge of for Wednesday's ladies bible study. A friend of mine said some things to me that didn't set right with me in fact I am still not sure how to perceive it. I tried to not let the hurt show on my face because she is a dear and old friend of mine but sometimes she can really sound like I am just plain stupid. She has worse health problems than myself and I think that is the reason she was lashing out on me. I must of not did a good job of hiding my emotions because she even asked if I was upset at her. Jim thinks she just realized how she sounded to me even though she was trying to talk like she was mainly concerned for me. Feeling low I became anxious had too much coffee (caffeine) than I am used to any more and even tried to go grocery shopping by myself for the first time since my surgery. Yesterday evening my pulse felt out of control and I felt really not well. I need rest. So, Jim wants me to take one of his sleeping pills. It did relax me but not put me to sleep. I did get more sleep than in the past nights but got up this morning feeling really 'hung over' and not right again. After Elena went off to school I went back to bed. Woke up to the phone ringing at 1:30! OY!
Jim phoned as Elena was going to school saying at his job they were making the employees take mandatory drug tests and many people were being escorted out the door. Wow! He said there was a guy there who has been there more than 20 years and now without a job. Scary times.
He has tomorrow off for the first time without being on vacation. His job is limiting the over-time again. So, if I can't get to sleep tonight the natural way (not doing the sleeping pill any more)he can see Elena off to school.
Tomorrow night my niece is participating in Homecoming at the high school. It's supposed to be raining, windy and cold. I hope it isn't raining. I sure do want to be there. Jim will not go if it is and neither will my Dad.
Watching the world series? I am. I enjoy baseball. I know it can get boring some times but I still like it. I am hoping The Rays win tonight. I am sure Tampa is so excited. From worse to first! That is like the Atlanta Braves did several years ago. I have been watching more football too on TV. Another reason I hope the homecoming game tomorrow night isn't messed up by it raining although we really need the rain I want to go to a game.
Facebook has allowed me to get in touch with two of my good friends from high school. One lives nearby and the other lives in Nashville, Tenn. now. I hope to get with the one who lives nearby soon. We have much to catch up on.
Rose, I am praying for your friend who has cancer. I hope you are doing better.

1 comment:

Rose said...

I'm glad that the healing process is going well.

I don't know what your friend said or why she said it, but we are all so different and we all see things differently. I can only give her the benefit of a doubt and think that she meant well and didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Some people talk before thinking. A trait that we usually outgrow by the age of 14. Ha.

I hope you enjoy the homecoming game. Zack went to the homecoming dance last weekend and told me that he had a great time. He had more fun than he had had in a long time. He is a great kid, so easy going. I love that boy, ha.