Friday, September 12, 2008

The latest

I had the follow-up appointment with the surgeon today regarding my upper G.I. done last week. It was to shed some light on what is going on inside me now. The x-rays don't look too much different from how my hiatal hernia looked before the surgery three years ago. The decision was left to me with no discouragement from the doctor who seemed to be all in favor of trying this again. This time a mesh would reinforce the stitching to close up the hernia that is causing the pain and problems. A date has been set for October 10, 2008 but can be postponed if my new dosage of the Prilosac shows that it is helping to control the symptoms. I feel good about this decision and like how he is willing to postpone if it looks like the medicine will help so I can wait a bit longer.
We have continued walking the dog every evening so he can do his stuff in the vacant lots on our way. The dog is actually helping us get back into a better physical condition. The weight has even dropped a pound and I have re-joined Spark People to help journal my intake of food and to get recipes and meal plans. I know what needs to be done and I just need to just do it.
Still feeling better after being in that pit of depression recently. I am so thankful that has passed. How do people without faith get through times like this? I am so thankful, so very thankful.
Looking forward to a good weekend. I need a relaxing weekend. So does my husband.

Grace and Peace,
Donna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, then here's wishng you a relaxing weekend! ;0)

`yvette

Anonymous said...

Feeling good about your decisions is a very good thing.... and a relaxing weekend sounds like an excellent thing!
Enjoy your weekend!
- Kthy, NJ