Wasn't the most relaxing weekend but a nice one just the same. Elena and Jim had some father/daughter time Saturday where they attended a nature exhibit of many different things at the local Science Center. Elena was able to play with her 'new' cousins along with the cousins next door plus swimming on Saturday as well which gave Jim and I much needed nap time. LOL I haven't needed to take a nap in a while but it sure seemed I needed the rest because Jim looked in on me and even went out to return something to the library and came back home and I didn't hear a thing! Which to me was kind of scary because not knowing he was gone made me a little concerned and what ifs was going through my head. No harm was done.
Today, was a nice morning at church. The Children's World Choir was at our church and they were so adorable. We went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants then Elena had a riding lesson. She was so hot and wanted to swim and got in trouble because she did not come home when told making Jim having to go out and gather her home himself. Her consequence...she had to attend a Group Connect meeting at the church where NO kids her age were. All adults. We were looking for a new community group that would have more parents of kids her age so when we would meet up there would be someone for her to hang out with too. I think we found it because all we were looking for was found when the man standing up said he and his wife were looking for more to connect with who had middle school aged GIRLS! It sounds perfect and I think we will meet for the first time this Saturday evening.
I haven't even had the surgery yet but there are friends at my church already trying to arrange for my family to be provided for in meals when I do go to the hospital. I felt so thankful. And I had a 'attack' today even with the double of medication dose I still had the GERD attack. Will give it more of a chance but this didn't feel too good.
Then it happened again. Our dog Barkley threw up on the carpet right when we were trying to leave for church this morning. It looked like his dinner from last night and his breakfast all in one. I have been giving his thyroid medication wrapped in cheese and I think the dog is now lactose intolerant. UGH! Poor dog will be 14 in November however looking at him you wouldn't think he was real old except for this digestive problem lately. He and I may be sharing a room. LOL
I have a full week. Elena needs to see the orthodontist and she has a eye appointment plus a therapist appointment. With the price of gas I don't know how I am going to conserve very well with also it being my week to drive. Oh and I also agreed to take a meal to someone on Thursday plus the bible study is on Wednesday. Wow... busy.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
3 comments:
Busy weekend .... busy upcoming week too!
I am so sorry you had an attack while on the medication. Hopefully this surgery will take care of all this and you can go back to normal.
I hope Barkley is better soon too, he is such a sweet dog.
- Kathy, NJ
Your surgery is coming up soon? Keep us posted! Best wishes!
-Scott
I'm sorry the medication isn't working for you.
Post a Comment