Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The truth

Many thoughts to ponder. Some disappointments, some insights, lots of learning yet to do in this life of mine.
I really have to take a good look at my motives on a particular situation in my life. I don't want it to be about me but I have been hurt. I have a cousin who has blocked me from facebook and I am not really sure but have a feeling I know why. Today's ladies bible study session was just what I needed. This study "Discerning The Voice Of GOD" by Priscilla Shirer has been so far life changing for me and this is just the third week! Also yesterday I was invited to a home in my neighborhood with the leader being Elena's former riding instructor for a 'bible study' that only meets the second Tuesday of each month. I arrived late because I battled within myself whether to show up or not. I am so glad I went now. So many people are hurting and I have been dwelling in a pit of self pity. Some times I really get angry at myself because I am so selfish and then I wonder why I am treated the way I am treated. Like this cousin who has blocked me it's my pride that has been hurt and I should not be looking at the situation with pride but with pity and concern of what is really going on with her. This is not a beat myself up type of blog but only a wake up and smell the java Donna girl! So, I don't want it to be feel sorry for me entry because I have been in that pit long enough. There is another situation that is in the relationship category and again I need to look at it from another perspective not with my cold heart but through the eyes of Jesus.
When you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation-in Him when you believed-were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13-14
Now.....that's the truth! That's what is important
Grace and Peace,
Donna

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

Hey there friend!! Just found out that we are doing or just finished up the same Piscilla Shirer study. I love her!!! Pray for the other person - really pray, and somehow it changes the way we are feeling completely!! Been there - done that - it does help the hurt. love, Kathy