Friday, September 19, 2008

The End of One Busy Week

The only 'calm' day this past week was Monday. And I wish I could remember what I did that day but it's a blur.
Tuesday - Elena had a work in orthodontist appointment because the 'extender' broke causing her wires to come loose on last Friday night. Early dismissal from school all the way to the other side of town.
Wednesday - Ladies Bible study meet and I finally made it there before one gal could get all the coffee made! LOL I am supposed to be the coordinator and haven't been able to beat this one there. She should of been put in charge! LOL Elena had a appointment with Candy, the therapist and I was at the school waiting to pick them up EARLY. Still, Elena had forgotten her ID badge that morning and had to go return the temporary back to her homeroom teacher creating my leaving the school around the same time if I had gotten there at my normal time. So, quickly I had to get her to the appointment after dropping Victoria off at her door. Fortunate for me Candy was running behind.
Thursday - The busiest day! I committed myself in providing a meal for someone who had abdominal surgery in our church and was to deliver it today. Elena had a eye doctor appointment and again I tried to be at the school early. This time it was Victoria who had to go to the chorus room for some reason. OY! Anyway, we make it right on time and I had spent the morning cooking and baking for the meal I took. I had to leave Elena at the eye doctors office as she was finishing up. Jim was there so she went home with him. Got there in time thanks to the GPS and also the couple's house is not that far from my house. Afterwards I realize my family's meal was not started. So, by 8:30 we finally eat. At 10:00 I'm in bed! Yes, you read that right.
Friday - Today I went to the hospital to visit a friend whom yesterday at a double mastectomy done. Then my friend Barb and I went to Costco, Whole Foods for lunch and then finally I was home thirty minutes before time to go pick up Elena and Victoria at school.

All during the week my stomach bothered me. I just can't believe even with double the dose of medication it seems to actually be worse. I guess there is no doubt that I should have the surgery.

Need a nice weekend. So far, Elena is giving us problems going to bed and it's almost 11:00. At what point do you just don't care that they get enough rest or not????? LOL

Grace and Peace,
Donna

1 comment:

Rose said...

wishing you a relaxing weekend. It seems like you will need the surgery. Are you on a special diet eliminating foods that cause problems? I am always trying ways to avoid surgery.

A friend of mine has been having urinary tract infections. I've heard that it is very common for women my age. I have had them also. My friend tried the cranberry juice and it doesn't seem to work. She is going to have a cystascope but she is not looking forward to it. I recently started eating a handful of crasins everyday. No more urinary problems for me so far. I think the dried fruit is more concentrated than the juice and it works better.