We met her teachers last night. She has a full load for sure but they all seemed to emphasize that most of the work is going to depend on in class and staying focused on in class assignments. Not much homework. AND a couple of classes allow a text book to be sent home and kept there. I always like that so she doesn't have to carry a bunch of books in her back pack. She has a HUGE binder this year. Required but it is to eliminate some of the weight on her back. I hope this year she uses her locker. That would help but sometimes she uses that the excuse of where her work is.
Elena was up before me this morning and as I was in the bathroom she crawled into our bed and scared the living daylights out of me when I walked out and saw someone in the bed. LOL She was excited about the day and gave me NO problems. I put a patch on her (the lowest dose we have to start her out with)and prayed to myself that this would help her with her concentration. No single gender classes like I had hoped for. It seems that 8th grade response for this was not enough to support this. I know I expressed my interest in this and so did Jim. Candy, Elena's therapist was hoping for that as well.
Well, I am happy to report that swelling in ankles are almost gone completely. It must of been the extra salt in my diet from the cruise. Elena was bragging about the food to Candy yesterday saying it was WONDERFUL! She is really hooked on cruises now. LOL I have created a monster. Poor Jim....
That tropical storm may not bring us the rain we need like they first hoped but that is the least of my worries. I have a wonderful friend in the Miami area I have been praying for safety for her and her family... (yes Yvette I am talking about you!)
Watched the Olympics last night which is what we do now. I was so bummed that silver was giving to our USA Olympic gymnast in that tie breaker. OY!
Well, back to mount washmore. Later I will report Elena's first day in 8th grade.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
Update on first day: She seemed to have a good day and found out her 'sweetheart' did not transfer to the new middle school. He is actually in her homeroom and 6th period or last period class...something like that. She was all smiles. :0) The poor girl has 8 periods! What happened to 6 period days???
OH and I did not mean to leave you out Kathy from Tampa!!! Oh my.. you mean a lot to me too and I am praying for you and yours as well!
3 comments:
Wow...8th grade already...where does the time go? LOL
All is well here in Miami. THanks for thinking of us. ;0)
`yvette
Thanks for your prayers!! We are safe here - closed the schools and did NOT even get any rain. I am heading to San Antonio on Thursday, and David is heading back to Charleston to see our girls and Collin. Hope the rest of this week goes continues to go well for Elena!! love, K
This can be a positive thing! With Elena's sweetheart in her homeroom it makes it so she is on time in the morning & if he is in a class later in the day it gives her something to look forward to while she is in school all day! It can also give incentive for better morning grooming - LOL This is how it was for Zack last year with his "BFF" Nicki - she gave him incentive to be there, take care of himself a little better, and look forward to school everyday!
Oh yeah - you asked on my blog if I had ever flown before. Yes, I have been to a few islands, CA, and MS many times & Marc has flown a lot too but although this will be Zack's second time it will be the first he remembers & Sarah's first ever.
Glad Jim is now on Facebook too - I am still not really sure of what I am doing with that site but I will keep trying!
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment