Tuesday, August 5, 2008

There may be trouble

Elena came home from camp Thursday...early. I received a call at 7:15 a.m. by my darling asking me to come out and pick her up that she wasn't feeling well. The heat rash she had before she went had gotten worse and it seems as though she started her period. I drove out to Lake Hartwell to pick her up only to find out that the main thing was she had the feeling of having to go a lot to the bathroom and she was afraid they wouldn't stop at all before getting back to Greenville. A good hour or more drive and thank goodness for my GPS. Again it has paid for it's self. The rash was worse and I called her doctor and took her straight from the lake to the doctor's office. After a diagnosis of no infection but only a heat rash from swimming a lot. Things were going better till yesterday when the rash became worse and she got stung by a yellow jacket bee. The penny didn't work for my child. LOL Took her back to the doctor today and nothing more than a heavy dose of benedryl and a pill to treat a yeast infection that may be the problem but not sure because they don't know what else it could be. I forgot about the lake water. I forgot both times to mention the lake water and how low it was from the draught and maybe she picked up a bacteria from that. I am going to call again tomorrow if still there is no relief. We have to have this solved before Saturday!!! This will ruin everything for all of us. Not just the one who has the rash because when Elena isn't happy no one is happy. LOL
I got over from a brief but aggravating spell of hay fever. Jim is overly tired and Elena is all one big itch. LOL Life could be worse...right?!
Grace and Peace,
Donna

3 comments:

Rose said...

I didn't realize it was time for your cruise already.

If Elena still feels like she has to urinate frequently, she may have to take an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection. I have had many of these types of infections and drinking cranberry juice does really help.

I am hoping that you all are well and can enjoy the cruise.

Anonymous said...

Aaawww...poor Elena...and mom...and dad....LOL

Hope she is feeling better SOON!
`yvette

Anonymous said...

positive energy & prayers are being sent your way for a wonderful relaxing cruise! BUT,
be aware of that time of the month if Elena is just starting. Sarah started getting hers and now gets it every other week it seems but only for like 2 or 3 days, and the hormones are raging at times...oh the joys of being a girl!
- Kathy, NJ