Saturday, August 23, 2008

What's going on

When my niece spends the night she spends the day as well. That's OK. She captures my heart as it is. She and Elena spent Friday night till midnight with the middle school group at church at a Luau. They had a blast and also rode in a Hummer Limo! It was near 3:00 a.m. before there was no sound from the room down the hall. Jim and I went to see the movie Tropical Thunder. The movie was funny but a little too much with the bad language. It really got annoying. They can have good movies without all that in it to make it good. Even so the movie received some clapping when it was over. It was rated R so I should of known.
It's about to hit me with the fatigue so bear with me if this is a short entry.
Yesterday I called all the ladies on the coffee committee to get ready for the big day this Wednesday which is the kick off for this school year's Wednesday morning ladies bible study. I am the chairman of the coffee set up crew and I have come to the conclusion by how many times I was reminded to remind my helpers that training was right after the first session how important my job is. No one wants to be there without their cup of java. Dunkin Donuts provides the coffee for our church and we have very simple coffee makers so it shouldn't be a big deal.
I wish Jim and I had more 'date' nights. Last night was nice just to go to our favorite pizza place then to a movie. We still check our cell phones regularly to make sure Elena wasn't trying to get us but still it is so nice to get away together. We have to always wait till she is off on a church event till we can even go out together. I am sure one day I will miss the days when she was in our face all the time and we had no time just to ourselves.
Well, I need to make this short. My eye lids are getting heavier.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Kids grow up too fast as it is. Before you know it Elena will be in High School, going out with friends, staying home by herself and you and Jim can go out together.

In answer to your last comment...Sarah is reading the twilight series. She read Twilight last week and is now reading New Moon. I'm impressed they are over 500 pages and she just zooms right through it. She can't wait to find out what will happen next, ha. I did read a little of each book, just to see what it was about. It wasn't bad, I didn't see any bad language or sexual references, no violence either. She learned about this series from her camp councilers, they were all reading them.