The first day of bible study was nice. I arrived at approximately 8:30 a.m. ready to make the coffee when I find that two of my ladies was already there getting it all done. I am the coordinator of the thing and I didn't get to coordinate. LOL Probably a good thing and also my friend did not make it to the first session. I understood but disappointed for her because the first video is always good and this one certainly was. She like many of us was up late worrying about sleeping through a tornado occurrence and did not get any sleep so she had just enough energy to get her son to school and then to drive herself home. I will email her the 'answers' to the first video comment sheet.
I remembered the deal for Wednesdays that no matter who's week it was to drive I was to pick up on Wednesday afternoons because I had asked my sister if she would drive every Wednesday morning because of my coffee obligation at the church. The line wasn't too bad by the time I arrived but there is still a need for a policeman assistance to direct the flow so that traffic from main street can have a chance along with the traffic coming from the front of the school that can get in easier turning right into the car holding area. There should be a happy medium but when it comes to picking up your kids there are no rules. That is why we need assistance.
Confusion must of set in for I reminded Elena as she rushed into the house to use the bathroom to remove her medicine patch for attention because she forgot and we did not learn of this till way into the night. Knowing she would not sleep now because of the medicine in her Jim gave her half of a sleeping pill to help her along with melatonin. It was like that never happened. She was crying seeing things and just scared to death. I ended up sleeping with her so that she felt 'safe' and this morning she woke up refreshed and ready for the day. It was almost midnight when I finally knew I had to sleep with her. It was either that or take her to the emergency room. I was baffled in what to do. Jim has a more calming way with her and he got her settled down but it was me she wanted to stay with her. She thanked me for sleeping with her last night this morning when I 'woke' up. Her bed is too hard for me and the tender points in my hip and legs did not have a restful sleep but it was worth it that my child at least was able to rest. I went back to bed after she was picked up and slept till 11:00! I was that tired.
Lesson learned I will make sure her patch is off and also I don't think Elena wants to go through that again. She will remember.
Hurricane Gustav is making it's way to the Gulf Coast and we may have visitors you just never know. I hope it doesn't pan out and leaves Louisiana and Mississippi's coastline alone. Florida too of course. Tis the joys of this hurricane season. Oh and then there is Hanna...
We still had the rain yesterday and even today there is a chance but it hasn't rained yet. Thank goodness no more tornado's. When is hurricane season over? November? UGH..just in time for the election.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
4 comments:
* Glad you enjoyed your bible study.
* Sorry your night didn't start out so well (hope you are rested after your nap).
* ALl I have to say about hurricane season is...UGH! LOL
`yvette
Poor Elena, do you think the patch medicine and the sleeping pill don't interact well?
When I talked to Lisa yesterday, she said she was looking into a motel that allows pets. She would have to see what the price of the motel is and subtract the price of gas (to get to your house) and the price of boarding 3 animals. So she didn't know where they would be evacuating too as of yesterday. You may have visitors.
Maybe she could visit her inlaws, ha. Todd was going to be out of town for the weekend, I'm not sure how many days, so I'm not sure you will board up their homes.
Plans are now if they have to leave they have no choice but to come here...dogs and all.
I talked to Grandma this afternoon & I was under the impression if they couldn't find a hotel they would come to you all & then board the dogs by you. I would feel bad for poor ol' Barkley if his home was invaded by 3 dogs!
Hope Elena has a better nights sleep tonight & you too for that matter!
PS- made it home safe and sound! :)
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment