Last night I have to admit I watched the closing ceremony to the 2008 Olympics TWICE! This was an exciting year I think and hate to see it end but at the same time glad because now I don't have an excuse for staying up late eating peanuts. I have bloated out like a walnut and don't have the curves of a peanut that is for sure. With this extra bloating in the front of my body is causing extra stress on the weak area in my spine causing the ole familiar hip pain. I don't want to have to go in for a shot in the hip but may have to if this keeps up. Hoping I can stop snacking at night and get this weight off. With Barkley's sensitive system we have tried to walk him every day especially since we got back from the cruise so it's not like I haven't been walking. I eat yogurt every day for breakfast and haven't been partaking in fast food lunches. Last night we went to a local seafood restaurant and I did have fried shrimp with the hush puppies. I had gas last night like you wouldn't believe! OK TMI I am sure but hey... it is what it is.
Elena had a good weekend but bad at the same time. All weekend she had to endure with her monthly curse and although the doctor said she wasn't ready to have her monthly periods she is definitely having them now. I don't know what else it could be if it isn't that. This time it is not a brief visit and it doesn't leave anything to question if it is or not.
My dear mother in law called last night. She is extremely worried about the welfare of my sil who is now going through a nasty divorce. He is refusing to pay alimony and has stopped her credit card. My sil was in the grocery store to buy food and found out it was cancelled. What a jerk. I know she is entitled to alimony. In fact my friend who is going through a divorce as well was told by a lawyer that she was entitled to 1,700 a month and the man didn't leave her! So, I know the laws differ from state to state but I would think since my sil's husband left her and their three children and my sister in law has not worked outside the home since the birth of the 12 yo twins she will get alimony. The judge will see to that. But you can't convince my mil that. In fact, Jim kept telling her over and over again that she will get alimony plus child support. I am sure it isn't going to be pretty but my sil is a fighter and she won't let him intimidate her like that to believe that he doesn't have to pay because he will.
My laptop computer has been driving me crazy. I worked with it almost all night last night (why I watched the closing ceremonies twice)trying to get it working better and no such success. I am ready to throw it out.
There is a rumor going around that we may get some rain this week. It is cloudy today but no rain is falling. Our area is ONLY two feet below what we are supposed to be.
Have a good Monday and know I won't be watching the Democrat Convention this week.
Grace and Peace,
Donna
2 comments:
I am not interested in any type of sport, that's just the way I am. So I didn't watch any of the olympics.
I am also not planning on watching the democrapic convention although it could be funny. Ha I think someone forgot to tell Hillary that she is not the nominee. She may still try to steal it. I'm surprised that Obama hasn't had a fatal accident yet.
Mom is worried about Lisa and also about her brother James and how much money she will have to donate towards his well being and will the money really benefit him or go to his son in law and his family. It is a mess. Uncle James was the wealthest member of the family, I wonder where his money went. Too many things for an 84 yo to worry about.
I'm going to miss the Olympics too...but I will get some sleep now...LOL
`yvette
Post a Comment