Not about Elena this time it's about me. I was having such a nice conversation with Rose last night on AOL that it didn't even dawn on me that yesterday was Zachary's birthday. I am so sorry and I hope that everyone in New Jersey will forgive me. I have misplaced my list of birthdays...that's my story and I am sticking to it. Rose and I don't 'chat' as often as we used to and we seemed to have touched on many things last night but nothing about his birthday. I read her blog from yesterday today and it hit me like a ton of bricks. PLUS I don't have his email and it must be a secret because I knew it was coming and thought I asked for it but no.. Maybe I didn't but thought I did. LOL Still.. doesn't excuse my senior moment that lasted a complete day.
Actually it's been happening more than just about birthdays. I got the times mixed up for a parent meeting with Elena's youth pastors last Sunday. Was thinking all day it was at 7:00 p.m. but it was at 4:00!!! The notice was on my refrigerator where it has been since the moment it arrived in the mail. There were other things on top of it but still I should of remembered. Also I scheduled my appointment with the surgeon only 1 1/2 hours after Elena's orthodontist appointment. Now, it may be able to be accomplished if I get her to the orthodontist early or they take her right in but that too is pushing things. I will need to re-schedule. On Tuesday I went to Staples and bought a magnet dry erase board that is supposed to be for lockers but now it is on the front of my refrigerator. I am planning to write what is going on each week on it. If I remember... AND Elena stops drawing horses on it. LOL
Two boys from the cruise is emailing her. LOL The child is just growing up too fast.
Well, enough for me trying to rack my brain on what I am forgetting I need to get back to laundry and cleaning. This is the first day since Elena's been back to school that I don't have any where to go so better take care of business here. It's very cloudy too outside. Who knows maybe it will rain!
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
I've read that hormones (or a lack of hormones) causes most of our memory problems. Loss of memory is only second to hot flashes.
I'm used to not remembering things. I'm sorry that I forgot to mention Zack's birthday last night.
Post a Comment