Yes, more to report. Our sweet dog Barkley has been having some digestive problems and we tried everything we could think of to figure out what was causing him to vomit up his food either minutes after eating or hours. All whole pieces as if he had just ate. The last resort was to take him to the Vet. Let's see WHY would we want to leave that as the last option? Well, it's as much money to take our dog to the Vet than it is for one of us and since last Thursday Elena's been to the doctors office three times. Then there is also the medication costs. We finally took him today. He may have GERD! LOL Yes, he and I will be sharing hospital a hospital room when I have my repair repaired! Just kidding but that is all the doctor could figure out. He has lost weight too. So, now he is on Zantac (using a doggie drug name) and another for acid. We have decided to board him too during our cruise trip. Thankfully though it wasn't worse than I thought like his Kidney's shutting down or something like that because of his age.
Now for Elena's rash problem. It took only two minutes for the Dermatologist to diagnose Elena with Atopic Dermatitis. He gave her a shot in the rear and medication for itching at night and a large tub of cream to take care of the rash. Already I see improvement and Elena is much happier now too. She's been telling everyone she's going to the Bahamas now! LOL A big WHEW from the peanut gallery!
With the good news of a diagnosis and improvement though comes a list of things to do to prevent it happening this bad again. I can't use any laundry detergent on her clothes with perfumes and dyes in it. And she can only bathe with Dove unscented soap. They also say dogs and cats should not live inside the house with her. That will be the last resort if we can't get this under control. The pets are the world to her. Even at the Veterinarian's office today they were selling kittens for 20 dollars WITH SHOTS!!!! She was wanting to buy one. She says "I have enough money". She was paid very well for taking care of my sister's dog, cat and plants last week. She's already bought one webkins. LOL
Well, tomorrow now I can concentrate on packing. Now that the medical things are done (except for a dental appointment for Elena) there is no excuse.
Life comes at you fast.... HA HA
Grace and Peace,
Donna
2 comments:
I'm glad that Elena's rash is under control.
I'm hoping for a stress free cruise for all of you. It sounds like you all could use a restful vacation.
Again, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL LOL
Between me and JC there is perfume free/dye free detergent, No fabric softenener. Can't change soap (use dove), shampoo/cond anything like that. Only dawn for the dishes, etc. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Glad she is a happy camper now. ;0)
`yvette
Post a Comment