Well, not completely snowed in but school was out today because of the snow that covered our area last night.
It was such a good day. Couldn't go anywhere, had electricity, had food and had my family here with me all day. Elena spent most of the day with her cousins from next door. I made vegetable soup for their lunch and we had chicken Parmesan for dinner tonight with homemade sauce and the whole nine yards. A nice salad accompanied the chicken and whole wheat pasta. The kids made snow men, drank hot chocolate and Elena didn't disappoint me by managing to be the only one who had to change clothes twice because she was completely wet from playing in the snow. She may be the oldest of the three but she is the most childish. LOL
Our telephone was off the wall with political in coming calls all day. You would think our primary is on Saturday....LOL I am still undecided but I am leaning toward one in particular more and more. I will be decided by Saturday I know.
Tomorrow the schools will be on a two hour delay and tomorrow night is the dress rehearsal for another program for Schmooney and friends music show for Saturday. Also Elena has a birthday party tomorrow night after the rehearsal. Fortunately she will get to do both, she will just be a little late for the birthday party because the rehearsal ends at 6:00 and the party begins at the same time. So, this calm day was much appreciated.
I hear another storm system is in the forecast for Saturday night. Elena is off from school on Monday again this time for Martin Luther King day and report cards will be awaiting them on Tuesday. Eww....
I hate this day had to end. But...life goes on.
3 comments:
How about sending a little of that cold weather our way!! We are still running the AC in the house and car!! We are wiating very impatiently for our baby boy to get here - any day now!! Enjoy your winter days!! love, Kathy
I hadn't noticed on TV that you had snow. You got a snow fall before we did this year. I'm sure we will have one some time this year. Sarah told me it is going to be a late winter this year and it may snow in March. So far, we only had flurries, the schools haven't had to close in our section of the state.
I feel the same way that you do about having the whole family at home, snowed in and not having to go anyplace. We could all use more days like that(with or without the snow.)
As I type this my thermometer reads "2". 'nuff said.
Post a Comment