Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's late

This was one day all day. Elena's first day back to school this week and report card day. Last week she had a appointment with the psychiatrist and she insists that Elena try the stimulant medication again. I felt that she was doing better academically and wanted to wait till seeing the report card before making that move again. Well, needless to go into details but I was seen at the drug store this evening. Also, I made a call to the school counselor and left a message that nothing has been done since our cry for help when the progress report card came out. ALSO sent a email to her Social Studies teacher who indicated that she failed to turn in a major project. Elena says she doesn't know what she is talking about and neither do I because we were keeping up with everything. If this was to be done during class I have no control over it.
Also, Jim wanted me to plan out the Summer vacation activities. He wants to go on a cruise and take Elena. I found a cruise on a ship that has a great program for young teens and gave him the prices. The proposal got shot down. So, now I have been spending hours doing my research for planning and feeling frustrated because I can't really find a better deal for the money. There is one other option. A different date but it's in August again. We were fortunate before with no hurricanes till after we came home but I am concerned that we won't be so fortunate again.
Karen emails me that Wendell has surprised her with a weekend trip to Cancun and would I take care of her dog. He has a crate now so it shouldn't be too bad. She called later because I didn't answer her email. I was so frustrated with Elena's grades and the vacation planning. She sounded so happy and excited I couldn't turn her down. She has never been anywhere outside the U.S. I wonder if he's going to pop the question. She met his girls finally right before Christmas. It seemed to go well I think.
It's late and I need to go to bed but I am not tired. I guess I should have some of Elena's melatonin.
Goodnight...

No comments: