Monday is Elena's birthday. She will then become a teenager and the fun will begin or has it already? I booked a suite at the Embassy Suites for this Friday night so that 4 of her girl friends can swim in a heated indoor pool and have a fun time at a nice hotel. There is one thing though. I am really not well with a awful head cold. I was feeling it coming on after we came home from the beach but thought I had beat it out but yesterday started feeling really rough and today it's back and full speed ahead. Taking medicine to beat this thing every day didn't help. Maybe tomorrow I'll be better because not only do I have a party to do I have a meal to take to someone for our "Taste of Grace" ministry tomorrow night. They just called wanting it to be delivered by 5:00! OK.... Maybe I'll just buy something now. I was going to make a beef stew but I need to get it there by 5 and it sounds like a good hour drive from my house.
Elena is excited so how can I take this away? She wanted a limo to deliver them to the hotel but it was 80 dollars a hour! I am in the wrong business. Wait a minute... I am not in any business am I? Which brings me to another subject. I really want to go back to work. I am tired of struggling financially and Jim is so tired all the time because of his job takes out every part of him. I am not educated and haven't worked in almost 13 years so now what? Where do I begin? Walmart? Maybe so.
Well, time for some hot tea. Care to join me?
1 comment:
I would love to be able to have a cup of tea with you. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
I'm sorry I wasn't at the computer when you sent me a message earlier. I was online and got a surprise call from Aunt Gladys. She and Uncle Cos are both well. They seem to be quite active. They will be going to Florida at the end of the month as usual.
I was a stay at home Mom for 14 years, so it is never too late. I loved being at home with my kids, but going to school and work was an opportunity to challenge myself. I honestly surprised myself with my hidden abilities. It's very nice to try your best and then be successful at something.
It looks like Hillary is going to win tonight. BOO!
Post a Comment