Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First post of 2008 and it had to be on the second of January. Today is the tenth anniversary of my mother's death as well as my brother in law's birthday. Funny how God always allows this day to be so busy that I don't have time to 'dwell' on the date of this day and what it signifies. Today was really hectic with doctor appointments for Elena. One a sick visit and the other is the usual bi-weekly visit to her therapist. Our New Year's celebration at the beach was very memorable. We took my niece Victoria with us so Elena would have company and we also brought along the Wii so that the girls could jam to Hannah Montana in concert. I really wish I was the one who invented this game format it is amazing. My little girl is not a little girl any more. May want to skip to the next paragraph...She started her monthly periods on December 30Th. The day I was dreading but at least it didn't happen at school. So, off to the store to pick out some necessary items and to try and work with this child who has such a high sensory irritation problem. Yeah, womanhood is a pain but wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It helps that those days for me is a memory since June of 2005. LOL
The weather was not good at the beach except for the last full day we were there which was December 31st but the girls had fun in the indoor heated pool as well as just playing and cruising the shops. We saw a awesome firework show at Broadway at the Beach and then on the way home yesterday we stopped back at Broadway to visit the Aquarium because Victoria had never been to one! We were going to go New Years Eve but Elena and her big problem of side-trackness caused us to leave the condo much later than planned to be able to tour the aquarium before they closed. Only one year difference between the two girls but because of when birthdays happen they are two grades different. It was good for the two of them to be together having fun without Victoria's brother Jeffrey irritating them both. LOL I love the boy but he loves getting under these two's skin. LOL
It is too cold here today and tonight the low is supposed to be 16 degrees. It didn't get any higher than 32 on my thermostat in my car during all our travels and the word ICE kept appearing in the digital read out. Oh, and my car well it reached 100,000 miles on the way home last night. We sure have seen a lot in this car during those 100,000 miles and I still like it for traveling in although Elena wants a new one. HA
As I was typing the last paragraph I realized I have not explained why we had to have a sick visit at the doctors this morning. During the visit in Myrtle Beach Elena had a lot of urinary discomforts. Like yesterday at the aquarium she actually wet her pants by accident! I wanted to make sure she didn't have a UTI and all is well. Doctor was thinking she may have got something soapy in to irritate. She goes back to school tomorrow. She is not happy about that at all. Who knows..it may snow. LOL
So now for the resolutions. I really haven't thought much except I would really like to finish some scrap books this year and just be healthier. It would be nice also to remember 2008 with another cruise... HINT HINT HINT (too bad husband can't read my blog at work)
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you will begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." IN OTHER WORDS, GET OVER IT! MOVE ON! TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY! So, this is what I am trying to have as an outlook to my life. God doesn't remember the mistakes you have confessed, so why should you? Why should I!
To 2008! May it be our best start to the best to come!

1 comment:

Rose said...

It sounds like you had a nice time at MB.

Your car is looking very good for a car which has 100,000 miles. I still like it and it has a nice ride.