Elena was off from school today and today was her thirteenth birthday. I received a e-card from a friend that was sending condolences to me for now being a Mother of a teenager. LOL Funny, I do find it hard to believe she is now thirteen but not so much with fear of being a teenager just the fact that the years are going by so fast.
It all started on Friday night at the Embassy Suites. Four girls shared a suite and had fun swimming in the heated pool and playing bingo and other games till finally they fell asleep around 1:00 Saturday morning. The hotel had a very nice breakfast of all that you could possibly want and the girls were able to swim one more before the parents came to get them. Tonight was the family party. Well, the local family party that is. The hit of the party of course was baby Connor who steals every one's heart just with his sweet smile.
All this was nice but all this was not good for one still trying to recover from the worst cold I have had in a long time. When I came home on Saturday I crashed in bed sleeping nearly 3 hours. After church yesterday it happened again. Not three hours but close. It was a teacher work day and Elena was home. She wanted to play all day I had a house to clean to get ready for the party tonight. Started to feel like I was getting sick again but it finally passed away. Whew!
Well, I have to say finally life can get back to normal. No more parties, no more excuses of eating better and getting back to exercising.
1 comment:
It sounds like it was a wonderful birthday weekend. I didn't stay on the phone long when I called because I could hear company in the background and asked Elena if you were having her party. She said yes and she had just opened some presents. She sounded very happy. I didn't want to take you or Jim away from your company.
Post a Comment