So much piled into this first week back in school and it seems that it is just dragging. Even Elena said this morning that she felt it was not going fast enough! LOL I guess it's this heat that is really making things drag on. BUT things could be much worse.
My sister just called me saying she was going to pull Victoria out of the Schmooney musical. She said it's because she doesn't want to over-extend her and that she has a hard time getting her school work done as it was. Elena is going to be crushed but she will be OK. It's just good that she wasn't used to Victoria being there with her before they pulled her out. As for Elena, I feel now she needs stuff to keep her active and stay on a schedule. Structure is crucial for her so that she doesn't have those moments that can invite the impulsiveness to show it's ugly head. Maybe my sil Lisa has something there with keeping her kids doing things all the time.
Snoring was better controlled with the ear plugs last night! PRAISE GOD! LOL Note to Kathy and Rose: We have tried the breathe strips but it doesn't help. We even tried the throat spray breathe ease makes and it helped for a while but that stopped working too. Jim really needs to see an ENT about it because he has that deviated septum that causes the problems. When he was having those awful nose bleeds years ago a ENT said the inside of his nose was like a battle field. The surgeon who performed the surgery to repair his broken nose when he was 18 did a awful job he said. I would rather wear the ear plugs than Jim go through anything surgically. We have to have his blood thinner medicine adjusted and stopped for it and it's such a pain. That is why he was in the hospital for couple days for a simple colonoscopy because of that crazy blood thinner for his mechanical valve. Just thankful for ear plugs that work right now.
My Dad usually gives me money for my birthday so then I will purchase the tickets for the conference if I go. I am trying to get someone to travel with me right now and find a hotel that is in walking distance or very close to the conference center where it will be held. Usually in events like this there are so many people around safety is not a issue as far as crime. Now there was some incidents at other hotels in the Columbia, SC area where I last attended a Living Proof event where some ladies cars were broken into at the hotel where they were staying. That's why if I go I will find something very close to where it is going to be held. Kathy in Tampa said she has a friend who lives in the Jacksonville area who will give her a good heads up on where we should stay and that is the best to have that inside information. I am more nervous about the drive there than being there. I have driven by myself to many places in my life but they were familiar roads so it wasn't too bad. I have never driven to Florida by myself! Maybe I can find a inexpensive flight there and back if I can't find a traveling partner. We will see how things come together.
It's almost lunch time and I think I will go get something out. I haven't done that in a long time by myself.
OK, gotta go now. Blog to you later!
Donna
2 comments:
I'm glad Elena is enjoying Schmooney (sp?) but I guess everyone knows what their kid can handle. Mine do well with activities on some days but NOT every single day. They need some down time too. With my kids too much structure and no down time at all makes them anxious. Sarah loves to find her own entertainment wether it is in a cookbook, drawing book, digging a hole to China (yes, she has tried this - hee hee hee!), or whatever her imagination can come up with.
I can't wait to see how they do with school and me working this year though, that is going to be a challenge!
You sound like you are in good shape with your Florida trip. Sorry if I am a worry wort!
Glad your ear plugs worked!
- Kathy, NJ
Kathy, you aren't a worry wort! Well, you are but it did not bother me that you were concerned. Thank you for being concerned for little ole me! LOL
Post a Comment