Tonight we attended the meet the teachers/new principal night at the Middle School. She has ALL female teachers this year and they all seemed eager to get started in the new year. Yesterday was a very busy day for us. At 8:40 Elena had an appointment with the dentist for the second baby tooth to be removed. This tooth had still a root on one side of the tooth that was not going any where. It took longer for the 'gas' to work for Elena this time and she was very groggy afterwards where she actually went back to bed and slept with her cat for a couple of hours. Then we had to get ready for her therapist appointment at 1:00 p.m. Her therapist gave me forms to have the teachers to fill out weekly and monthly. This is to keep up with how Elena is doing without ADHD medication. Then came the appointment with the pharmacologist which I thought would not agree with not medicating her this school year and surprisingly she had no problem with trying it out and seeing how she will do.
Now I have the list of things she needs for school and also she has her rehearsals for the Schmooney productions which btw she is going to be the Beaver instead of the Raccoon. She's so happy with that because I don't think there is a lot of gymnastic movements but this is a high energy show full of dancing and she is getting her exercise for sure. Yesterday she wanted to be around friends or her cousin for the High School Musical 2 premier. You would think this was the movie of the year because it seemed all girls were booked already for parties and sleep overs. Finally tonight it did work out that Victoria and Jeffrey were here at our house for the show. We don't have the big screen TV nor the HD device but for Elena to be with somebody for this it had to be here. That's ok. I really hope that this year Elena makes some friends. It seems that she is last choice with her cousins when their friends are not available. I don't care for my child to be treated as last choice.
That hurricane Dean is worrying me. Here we just came from the area where it is and where it could destroy. This is a powerful hurricane and gaining strength. We visited New Orleans the July before Katrina hit in August and now I feel we brought bad 'luck' to the area in the Caribbean. Now, it can't be that it's my fault but it sure doesn't make me feel good being in two areas right before a major hurricane comes right along changes all the landscape.
Jim just asked what is on the midnight buffet... HA Well here is a picture of some of it...
5 comments:
Looks like you make nice ice sculptures!
-
Congrats to Elena for landing the role!
-
The hurricanes came to the areas you visit long before you ever visited them.
Scott, I am glad you noticed my new talent of ice sculpting.... LOL
I love the watermelon sculpture.
I'm sure you had nothing to do with creating bad weather.
I hope Elena does well without the med. I've read that many DR's are now trying to wean their patients off med. It's worth a try.
Rose
Elena as an energetic young beaver, hmmm, sounds like she will be a natural! I hope she really enjoys her production!
The High School Musical craze is not over by a long shot. The next thing is Disney On Ice - High School Musical which includes numbers from both the original and the sequel. It is coming up here in Nov. and they are advertising it like crazy on all the "kid" channels!
- Kathy, NJ
PS - nice buffet!
We rushed home to watch High Musical 2 as well...LOL
We have tried 3 times to go to Mexico, all 3 times a hurricane hit it...we decided that we aren't supposed to go to Mexico. LOL
Good luck w/Elena and school. Keep us posted. ;0)
`yvette
in sunny Miami
Post a Comment