Anyone who knows me has heard of my husbands need to serenade me each night with his snoring. He won't sing loud in church but in his on castle he loves to let it out. Last April my sister clued me on some earplugs that has literally saved her marriage and when I returned home from that trip I bought them and they have been my answer to a happy marriage until last night. He must of learned to turn up the volume or my plugs have holes in them. Tonight, if it happens again I'll be back at CVS looking at the dbs or whatever it is for the sound barriers that is stronger than what I have now! I have to because I want us to celebrate our 25th anniversary in three years on a cruise ship going to anywhere together! LOL
Also you are going to hear me complain about something I probably never have before. It's too hot!!! I am not a cold weather kinda gal, true blue southerner even through my hot flashes I would rather feel that than the bitter bone chilling cold but this triple digit temps has got to be more than one southern gal can take. No rain, no relief in sight. My birthday falls on Labor Day this year and we were thinking about heading down to the beach but I have chosen not to. It would even be too hot to enjoy the beach and all I would be doing is admiring it from the window of my Dad's condo to the beach. PLUS the whole family is going to be there for Connor's first trip to the beach. We would be put in the condo on the south end and I don't feel that I have the strength to be the squeaky wheel to be able to stay in the ocean front condos my Dad owns. He is moving some things to his newly acquired condo which is in Calabash and not ocean front but golf courses view. My husband can not lift real heavy items because of his mechanical mitral valve and we have been put on the do not call list any way so we would be over-looked. Ok.. not going to go into my problems with my father so let's just say I have decided not to go. They can show me pictures of Connors first taste of sand. LOL
This mornings first ladies bible study meeting went really well. I think that we have a good group of ladies which most I do not know. One of the gals looks so much like my sil Lisa with auburn hair it's funny. I kept finding myself looking at her and I know she probably sensed I was staring at her. LOL The co-coordinator of our table told me after the session that she had noticed me in church before and thought I looked just like her preacher's wife when they lived in New Jersey ten years ago! LOL I don't know if that was a compliment but I will take it as that. It's funny how somewhere we have a double. On the cruise ship one of the stewards there even asked if I had been there before because he thought he recognized me. LOL I WISH! LOL
I can't believe this but my husband has said YES to my maybe going to Jacksonville, Florida BY MYSELF to see Beth Moore in March of next year. I looked at the dates and the date of the conference Elena will be on Spring Break so.... that works out that he doesn't have to take her to school or sit in that car line to pick her up for 40 minutes. Lucky dog! LOL
My niece did make it the audition for the rabbit in the play yesterday but I don't think they want her for the rabbit. She did make it that she is a beaverette that hangs around the character Elena plays. Elena was so excited her cousin was there. She gets too much some times when she is excited. LOL I love her so! I think my sister was disappointed that she didn't do so well but the child froze up she was so nervous. I would be too around all those strangers she never met before and her cousin trying her best to make her sing. LOL I love this child too and gave her a big hug when she was done. In fact after thinking it over I think I budded right in front of her mother (my sister) and she held on to me first after it was over. I was congratulating her for doing so good and being part of the production. I may have over-stepped my place there.
Need to get lunch now and then pick her up. Will blog later! Send some cool breezes please!
3 comments:
I'd be glad to share some of this cool weather we are having. I thought I was going to go outside and catch up on some weeding today, but it never did stop raining. Three days of light misty rain, it's like living in Seattle. I think we are all tired of it and want to see the sun.
Has Jim tried one of those nasal strips? Breath right.
I notice a difference when Anthony forgets his and I get one and stick it on his nose while he is sleeping, otherwise I would not be able to sleep.
Rose
Looking at Mom's comment I have to say that Breathe Right strips help us have a happy marriage too! :)
About you going to Jacksonville alone: Are you meeting anyone you know there? I don't want to be the worry wort but that is the town where Marc lived when he was stationed in Florida & it is where my BIL & SIL lived for a number of years. While there is a very large Christian community there, there are some sections that are pretty rough & have a high crime rate. I don't mean to be the pesimest(sp?) and I don't want to scare you but I love you Donna so I feel like I have to say something! I hope you understand!
- Kathy, NJ
Triple digit degrees? WOW! My weatherbug says its 87.3 right now.
`yvette
in "cool" miami LOL
Post a Comment