All but four days till the cruise. It's hard to believe it and I feel this will probably be my last post till we are on the sea. Taking the laptop and we will have a wireless connection on the ship so I'll get to blog on the ship. Not to promise I will but it's nice to know that I can. This weekend has been a lazy one. It should of been filled with packing and planning but instead it's been naps and some yard work. The THREE of us was at church this morning and that was very nice. Our teaching pastor taught today. Even though God's word is universal there are only a few people who can explain things that makes sense to me. I think that is why I have participated in about every bible study Beth Moore has written and when I can I have been present to Living Proof live events when it is near my area. She is one that has a way of communicating so I can understand just like Charlie. I am blessed that Charlie is one of our Pastors. More blessed that I live in a Country that I can worship freely. Also love the writings of Max Lucado and Charles Swindoll. And of course that book I read by Don Piper called "90 minutes in heaven". In our Ladies Bible Study we are going to do a study written by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom with Life Action Ministries called: "Seeking Him - Experiencing the joy of personal revival". I wonder if any of my Siestas have done this study. I definately need this study!
My Dad gets Proof Sets for his grandchildren every year. Last Friday night at Danielle's birthday dinner he mentioned that I needed to come by and pick up Elena's. Her birthday is in January and he doesn't get to place a order for them till June usually. So, she and I went there today for a visit. I always feel really awkward going there only when he wants us to pick up something HE is giving us. But, that is how he likes to be in control. What bothers me is that while there he mentioned about my sister in Minnesota and how he hadn't heard from her so he assumed she was OK. I told him I called her right when I heard about it. He says "Well, since I didn't hear anything I knew she was OK. The only time I hear from my girls is when they want something". I took it personally and proceeded to defend myself but stopped myself right when I knew he wasn't listening to me any way. He doesn't realize the many times I did NEED him for something and because of these kind of comments I don't go to him. Thank you dear Jesus that my Heavenly Father is not conditional. I come home and we get a call from Jim's Mother. Another story, a sad story. She's having troubles and she and her daughter had a argument earlier which he heard about from his sister earlier in the day when her daughter called Elena. I hope we aren't making a mistake of Elena staying there. I hope things won't be so stressful for Elena because it is a life she isn't used to. My Dad said that he knew I was going to enjoy the cruise experience but was wishing I had gone with NCL instead of Carnival. He has never traveled with Carnival but I again defending myself and emphasizing how we have to find someone to care for our daughter that is why we picked that cruise ship because where the port is and how it was just logistics why we picked it. I can't seem to win. If we do love the cruise experience the next time will be including Elena so we don't have to find someone to care for her for us to get away.
Please note that I don't enjoying venting about my Dad and probably have noted we have our 'issues' but there is nothing I wouldn't do for him and I know that when it comes down to it he would be there for me.
OK... this will probably be my last post before the cruise. Please pray for us for our health and safety and our mental health as well. I really feel our marriage needs this cruise. I am praying for a refreshment for us for one another.
Take care of one another.
7 comments:
Enjoy the cruise
I talked to Mom last night for quite a while and she didn't mention any argument. Lisa was driving her to Annie Lee's house this morning. Annie Lee will be driving her to a funeral. The Queen Mum's husband passed away. For all who are wondering, the Queen Mum is from the Red Hat Club.
I've talked to Mom a few times this week because she told me she had a problem with an absessed tooth. She took a pain medicine that was too strong for her and then she had to spend a day in bed, something she really doesn't like.
Her tooth is better now, she has been taking an antibiotic. Again, I asked her to call the dentist and make an appointment. She may have to wait for an opening and I didn't want the infection to come back before she gets a chance to have the tooth taken care of.
The dentist isn't sure yet if they will do a root canal or if they will pull it. But she can't wait until she is ready to go, she has to make an appointment in advance. She said she will try to call today for an appointment, but she will be at the funeral part of the day.
Mom is feeling better now and looking forward to seeing you all.
I hope you all enjoy your trip.
Rose
Your cruise with Jim will be a wonderful, romantic time for just the two of you and Elena is going to love being with her cousins and having her Grandmother all to herself while the kids are in school.
You can't try to please everyone in your life so try to please yourself and do what is right for you and your family. Sometimes people don't even realize how they make others feel, all you can do is just keep loving them and accept them for who they are and how they are.
- Kathy, NJ
Sorry that we didnt get to chat before you left. Wishing you a FABULOUS trip!
`yvette
Have fun! Hear from you when you get back if not before with lots of pictures!
Need a cruise report!! Can't wait to hear! love, K
Post a Comment