I just clicked on 'my reservations' and I see FIVE DAYS TILL YOUR CRUISE! Oh my! I can't believe Soon I'll be boarding the Holiday Cruise Ship! Today (well tomorrow now) was my niece Danielle's 22nd birthday. 24 of us was at MiMi's Cafe' celebrating her 22 years of life and this time her sweet son was present. He was being passed around and loved on. My Dad held him for the 2nd time and I didn't get to hold him at all, but that is OK. I will have my day! HA! My niece 22 years old! I can't believe it! But what is worse is that she is now a mother. That makes one Aunt feel very old.
I had my hair done today and now it's down to the nitty gritty.... packing and tying up loose ends.
One of my dear friends is now interested in a cruise and I took to her a DVD from Carnival Cruise Lines for her and her husband to look at. She has a free place to stay in Florida so she is looking at cruises out of Florida. Lucky her! LOL Although there are some cruises that leave out near where my Aunt and Uncle live in Virginia. They just recently emailed that any time we wanted to go off somewhere and leave Elena somewhere they would love to have her there. That was cool because she said she wanted to live there. ha! And my Uncle said he needed a tax deduction. HA!
At dinner tonight I told my Dad and Sister about the Schmooney production. My Dad KNOWS the author personally and he seemed to be impressed that Elena may be in the shows. Then later I see her trying to hug on him and he pushed her away to get to my niece Hannah. Sometimes I wonder if his love is limited to her because she was adopted. I think that is really sad. She is a good kid and she deserves to have the love of grandparents. Especially since she does have them still. I never think of her being adopted. I love her just as much as if I gave birth to her. I have the stretch marks.... HA! Sister Karen and her lawyer boyfriend was there too. I like him a lot but I don't see what he sees in her sometimes. She is so selfish and really not the MOM type. He has two young girls that he is trying to get full custody of. His birthday is actually the date of Jim and my wedding anniversary.
I will end for now. I wish I had brought my camera tonight so you could see how much little Connor has grown.
TTFN
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful b-day celebration!
On our way back from a trip, we accidentally found a
Mimi's Cafe...it was fabulous.
What a nice birthday, it was a good reason for the family to get together.
You sound like you are very excited about your cruise and really looking forward to it. That's great.
Rose
Post a Comment