Monday, August 27, 2007

Same problems different day

We rush to get Elena to rehearsal today at the time we thought it was supposed to be however one hour later we get a call that she wasn't to show up for rehearsal tonight and did I NOT get the email. No email. As we try to make sense of it all and why all of a sudden they don't contact us and why she waited for a hour after we dropped her off to call for us to come get her Elena gets upset and says everyone has their routine for their character but her. Still, no email. I don't get it. I looked on the middle school's web site tonight and see all sorts of things posted in her Language arts class that I have not seen today as she was doing her homework. So as usual we have our mysteries and wonder what is really going on with school and with the play. I am really discouraged now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the play - that must have been frustrating for both you & Elena. Maybe they have the wrong e-mail address, missing a letter in the address or something? I would ask, it never hurts to ask! That's the only way to actually get answers! LOL!
About the schoolwork, I am really sreading school starting for mine. It will all work out though - you will see! You are a good Mom and will help her muddle through all of this!
Hope the hot flashes get better soon. Most of the women I work with are red faced, hot and always turning up the air so the youngins' (under 30 girls) are just freezing to death with their little sweaters on! LOL!
- Kathy, NJ

Unknown said...

Thank you Kathy. You know after I entered this post I went on the LPM blog and read these encouraging words that I needed so desparately.

My Dear Sister
God’s Divine Power
Has given you everything you need
To do life and to do it His way
God has given you
Great and precious promises
Start believing them
And acting on them
When circumstances overwhelm you
Or people annoy you
Turn your faith into action
Dispatch what you need
From the holding tank of the Holy Spirit
And God will blow your mind
With what He can do through you
Never ever forget
You have been cleansed from past sins
Go FREE from this place
And live on purpose
Pour out your life for others
Then one day
When you close your eyes on earth
You will open them and see Jesus
And with arms full of riches
He’ll say, “Welcome Home!”
“Aren’t you beautiful!”
Now, go out into this world
And live like crazy!
Because your God
Is everything you need!

This IS all I need.

Anonymous said...

Yes, sounds like you need to check whose e-mail address they have! And if the address is correct, maybe they sent something for Elena to use at home to help her get her routine down and you never received it!

Anonymous said...

I'm as confused as you are about the play. Maybe you should send email to them and ask them to check to see if they have the correct email address for you.

I hope you are eating and/or drinking some soy products to help with the hot flashes.

Many of my friends did take different forms of estrogen. It is controversial. Taking any estrogen prolongs menopause. The symptoms are less but it last longer. It does keep you looking younger, I think, but I never took any, I ate some soy everyday. My favorite soy is edaname and soy nuts.

Rose

charlestonyaya said...

just a couple of questions - do elena's teachers post everything on their websites? does she have an agenda or planner that everything is written down in? what level of communication do you have with her teachers? does she have an IEP - sorry if this is too much - just the educator in me coming out!?! love ya like a siesta, K