Monday, August 20, 2007

Day one of Grade 7 and Watching Dean

Hard to believe but just like that I am all alone after taking my daughter to her first day in 7th grade. I don't know who was dreading this day more, she or I. I do not look forward to all that school will bring up but that is life I guess. I will pray harder and I will trust better. She seemed excited and got up extra early to 'do her hair'. We found out on Friday that her bf is again in some of her classes. He is a cute guy but I don't think he feels the same for her right now. He may later. Of course she doesn't see it but that is not the importance of her life right now. The school has a new principal and I heard her explain to her cousin that he is NICE, real NICE. Yes, and it helps as far as MOM is concerned that he is a Christian and I think that made Elena feel more comfortable toward him also aside the fact he is very easy on the eyes. LOL
Jim's Mom phoned last night to tell us that she found Elena's phone charger and his sister found a pair of underwear. She was feeling better with her mouth but real concerned over the hurricane Dean. She said if they have to evacuate to our house again they will be bringing both dogs. LOL Please! Everyone... PRAY THAT DEAN WILL JUST MIRACULOUSLY DISAPPEAR! During Katrina they were with us for ten days but no dogs were here or in the picture. They are sweet indoor dogs but one is a male and Barkley is very territorial. Anyway, it may not even happen and also if it does the important thing is that we are here for them in case they need us. It will all work out.
Another hot day and that won't be good as Elena waits outside for me to finally arrive to her in this heat while waiting in that LONG car line. This year I will not be carpooling with any one. The lady I partnered with last year has gone to work at a pre-school so her son can attend there. She has to be there very early and she didn't think Elena would want to be there that early at school. I was not surprised because there were moments that led me to believe that this would not happen again. There has to be someone in this neighborhood that could carpool with me. Next year my niece will be in Middle School so my sister and I will help each other out then. That is if we are OK. Family relationships have been a little tense lately. Another prayer request to add on my list.
Kathy J if you are reading this please tell Zachary Happy Birthday from us. I hope his Day is great! I usually send ecards when time gets to me quicker than I thought but with all the talk about viruses and trojans attached to e-greetings I don't feel comfortable doing that any more.
Maybe if you could email me his email address I could send him a note.
Well, back to my job. Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a new school for Elena? When I was in school, the Junior High was 7th, 8th and 9th grade. I can't believe that Elena is in 7th grade, but also it is hard to believe that Zack is 15 today. Time flies.

I talked to Mom also and she said her tooth was better, she is still worried that the infection will come back before her next appointment. But the dentist did put medication into the tooth, I'm sure that will help it.

I always hated the time that the kids had to go back to school. I'd much rather have them home, but we have to let them go. I'm sure that you are feeling lonely today, but when Elena gets home, she will probably be bursting with lots of stories about what happened in school today.

Rose

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!
Zack was sitting right next to me as I was checking all the blogs from family tonight, so he says "Thanks for the birthday good wishes!" I think you made him feel special by mentioning him.
Tell Elena that we said 7th grade was a good year!
Mine start back after Labor Day. Sarah will be going into 5th & Zack into 10th.
We are all praying the Hurricane Dean does not visit the Gulf Coast! I can't even begin to imagine school stating up and then having all that company PLUS 2 dogs...... YIKES!
- Kathy, NJ

Unknown said...

Rose, Elementary School is 1st - 5th and then Middle School 6TH- 8th. High School is 9-12. So, this is Elena's second year at this school which was new to her last year. She first to me expressed that the boy that bullied her all year last year was not on her hall so she was so happy about that!
Kathy, I am glad Zack was there when you were reading my blog to see I did think of him. I wish we all lived closer.

charlestonyaya said...

Siesta, Get your ticket to Beth MOore in Jacksonville, FL - March of next year!! I got mine yesterday!! We definitely need to try and stay in the same hotel. Jesus Girl is going, too!! love ya like a Siesta, Kathy