Thursday, August 30, 2007

Reflections

It isn't Friday and usually people reflect on their week on Fridays but I may not have a chance tomorrow because Jim will be home for a four day weekend and I have a eye doctor appt. that morning then Elena has a therapist appt. in early afternoon that I will have to get her a early dismissal for. Then it will not be until Tuesday before life is maybe free for blogging.

I cut my finger on Tuesday evening when I was trying in a hurry to get dinner made before Elena was to come home from rehearsal. Must of been really deep because it took a real hard time to get the bleeding under control. Then yesterday when I was sitting in car line it opened up and started bleeding again almost as bad as when it first happened. Jim was wondering if I should get a stitch or two. It hasn't been painful it's just the heavy bleeding bothered me.

Need to pause for more Java... hold on....
Ok.. thanks
Now, where were we?! Oh yeah.. I am reflecting.

Yesterday morning was the second session of the Bible study I am participating in. You may have recalled how I was a little hesitant about doing this study because it would cause me to not live in my comfort zone and I was right, however it's what I needed. This week's lesson was about Humility and there was a quote from C. S. Lewis that I loved:
If anyone would like to acquire humility, I can, I think, tell him the first step. The first step is to realize that one is proud....If you think you're not conceited, it means you are very conceited indeed.
I found that when I would think little of myself that is a form of pride. When there is pride it forms a roadblock to prevent revival in your heart for God. It was a long list of what you may find Innocent but in reality is still self centered. I did find that I did have some good qualities too though so there is hope for me yet!

Received some good news yesterday that we will have company in October from New Jersey! It's on their way to visit my MIL in Mississippi but hey, I'll take what I can get! LOL It will be great to see them again. This Thanksgiving it will be two years since we have seen each other.

I had more to say but darn it all I forgot... OH! My forgetfulness! The hot flashes have cooled off some but the memory loss has been bad. I am actually looking forward to my yearly physical check up in November. I have a list... LOL

Need to go food shopping now so I will blog later if time permits. If not, have a great Labor Day weekend, safe and fun travels for those who are traveling and love to you all!

Donna

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

Have a great long weekend!! Will be thinking about ya when we drive through those SC gates on I-95 tomorrow. Hope to get to Columbia by 4pm, then over to Sumter after the wedding. Looking forward to a fun family weekend with my mom, Kaiti and Kelly!! Keep a bandaid on that finger!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful 4 day weekend!
Hope your finger heals soon - it is hard to have a cut on your hand since they tend to open up again so easily.
- Kathy, NJ