Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time is a ticking



These are the soon to be newest additions to our family. Savannah and Winnie are my Karen's step-daughters (soon to be that is). And very soon indeed because one week from today we will be going to a wedding rehearsal dinner at Wendell's house. Hard to believe all this will soon be over.

The night before last my cousin and his wife had their first child, Emma Rose! I can not remember the weight except for 7 pounds something but they emailed me right when she was going into labor and then I received two emails one from the new daddy and the other from the new grandfather about Emma's arrival. I know they are happy and I am also glad they have moved closer to us. They now live in the Atlanta area and I look forward in meeting this sweet long awaited child of theirs.

Yesterday was the last meeting of our ladies Wednesday morning bible study group. We went out to lunch afterwards with just the ladies from our table and had a nice lunch. I will miss them during the summer. I have grown much closer to these ladies than some of the other ones in the past. I know that every one's lives get really busy during the Summer and the chances of getting together with them will be hard to do.

Elena brought home her last progress report card for the 7th grade. This girl ALMOST except for one lousy C made the A-B honor roll!!!!! She has come such a long way. I am so very proud of her! I actually knew before she did. This morning I checked the website of the parents in touch portal that posts their grades and other things like attendance and who to contact in case of an emergency. I don't have to worry about her failing any more that is for sure but the year isn't over yet. Close, but not yet.

Next year I will work on getting her accepted at the Greenville Technical College Charter High School. These kids (it's a public school) earn college credits during the high school years and seniors this year will be entering college as Juniors in college! They get for no cost to us free college! LOL So, that would be good if she makes a decision what she wants to do. The thing about getting her into that high school is that they go by a lottery system and many parents want their kids there. Oh well. Just thoughts to ponder on.

Just received a call from my doctor that they received the results of my yearly mammogram. It's normal, wish I was. HA!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Congratulations to you all on Elena's good grades.

Karen's soon to be step daughter's are adorable. The youngest one looks like Karen to me. ha.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great to hear about Elena's grades!! That's fantastic!

-Scott