I apologize if you have been checking the site daily in hopes of seeing a entry by yours truly and being disappointed when it came out no new entries. LOL Our weekend went by quickly but we were able to accomplish a lot. All the mulch was spread and new flowers planted in the window box at the screened-in porch. The wicker furniture was given a fresh spray of white paint and both grills were put to work during the long weekend. Saw more hotair balloons around our house than on the festival grounds itself because when we went the wind conditions were not right.
This is now the ending of the last week of 7th grade for Elena. Hard to believe how far she has come. Academically she is doing so much better. In fact, I received a email from her math teacher that she was going to be receiving a special team award on June 2 and they wanted to make sure I could be there and that they were wanting to make it a surprise. She does know she is receiving some kind of award but she doesn't know what. I don't know really what the award is but it must be really special for her teacher to email me like that. Relationships though have not been good for her. I think her old friend from the Christian school days that is a year ahead of her has found it better to associate and talk to more her age group. She is still 'in love' with Elledge but he will be going to a different middle school next year. I think she's been a little down lately but at the same time she is ready for the year to end. Wednesday is her last day next week and the three days she goes will only be half days. Tomorrow she is receiving her year book so they will have 'chillin on the green' where they can sign each others books.
Last weekend we also went to a pool birthday party for Karen's new step daughter's 6th birthday. I am afraid that the oldest one is not adapting too well just yet. She really had a attitude at the party but I feel that it will take time but eventually will be good. The youngest daughter is clearly a daddy's girl and the oldest is the one being influenced from the mother.
Been under the weather the last few days too why you haven't seen a entry from me. I am having digestive problems again. In fact yesterday I had a scare but it didn't appear again so maybe it's ok. I have made an appointment with the colon doctor but it isn't till June 16th. I didn't even go to my regular doctor because the last time this happened he even said that if it kept up that I would have to go back to that doctor. I know.. it is always something. Jim hurt his knee some how and he has had ice and it is now wrapped up. Hopefully that will work.
Still having fun on facebook but that doesn't take the place of my way of doing a journal and that is this blog.
Have a great weekend and I will try and have pictures on Monday afternoon of my baby getting her award!
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
I hope you and Jim feel better soon. Hopefully, your digestive problems are nothing too serious.
Elena's award is good news. I talked to Mom the other night and she told me that Lisa's kids are already finished with school this year. Our kids still have to go for about 3 weeks of June. I'm sure they are all looking forward to summer vacation.
Anthony and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and doing lots of yard work.
Post a Comment