Great morning in church then after a lunch out at a local diner came home to take a nice nap. Now, after leaving one family member watching "No Country for Old Men" and another one watching "Pirates of the Caribbean World's End" I decided to post a entry. Friday night was supposed to pick up Dad and Barbara at the GSP from their latest cruise. Only to have them be stranded in Chicago due to the flight crew didn't show up!! Fortunately and not without a fight they were put in a hotel over night and a hot meal courtesy of American Airlines. Aren't I glad I am not going to have to fly into Chicago in July when I go see Mary! It almost happened again Saturday morning but finally at around 11:00 a.m. or so I greeted them with a Welcome home and even their luggage was there! It worked out after all. Fortunately also this was the ONLY thing that went wrong their trip except one unorganized service on their cruise ship. My Dad brought me a gift from the Pisa tower and something (he forgot to give it to me yesterday)from Lisbon. He said in Italy gas was 9.00 a gallon. So, I guess it could be worse than the $3.64 a gallon I paid the other day at Costco.
I have decided to go to the beach. Elena and I will drive down on Monday and Jim will ride with Daddy and Barbara on Thursday so we won't have two cars. Hopefully he won't get sick and not be able to make it because I don't know of any other time we will be able to go to the beach as a family this Summer. That is the reason I decided to 'weather the storm' with family members and go.
My problem is gone now and Jim's knee seems to be much better. Elena is feeling good also and so we are a healthy family today.
OK, well that is all for thought right now. I will post any pictures I may take for the big award ceremony tomorrow. So far I think I am the only one of our family going to be able to be there. It's OK. I have some personal notes from emails I can show her after the surprise. She will know that she is loved even though they couldn't be present.
Have a great rest of a wonderful weekend!
Donna
3 comments:
It would be nice if you could get stuck in Chicago & get put up in a hotel, you could visit Scott & Margaret for a few hours at least - LOL!
My kids are jealous Elena is getting out of school now. Zack goes until the 23rd of June & Sarah goes until the 24th!
Enjoy your trip to the beach - wish we could be there with you!
- Kathy, NJ
I'm a little confused, as usual, ha. The award ceremony is today, right? Is it the last day of school? Are you driving to the beach after school today or next Monday?
I'm so glad that you all are feeling OK. Now you can enjoy yourself at the beach!
Rose
Rose,
Today was the award ceremony. Wednesday is the last day of school and a week from today is the Monday we are going to leave for the beach. Thinking about spending a day and night in Charleston as well! Sorry for the confusion.
Post a Comment