Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On the eve of the last day

June 4th is almost here and also almost here is Elena's last day in the 7th grade. I just realized as I typed that sentence that she only has one more year of middle school then comes the challenges of HIGH SCHOOL! OMG, a senior in middle school only to get ready to go on the bottom of the food chain as she will then become a freshman in high school in 2010. The awards ceremony was very nice and I was right, she received the award of "most improved" from her team which she shared the honor with another student. She wanted to wear a dress to school and even though she was the ONLY female with a dress on it didn't seem to bother her one bit. She was comfortable with her individuality and said I wanted to look nice. And she did. Trying to upload a picture from yesterday but the ISP keeps going in and out. I am not sure if I will have this posted before the strike of midnight. So, just pretend it isn't Wednesday yet when this was composed. LOL
OK... everytime I try the internet is not found. So... it could be google and not my ISP. LOL
So, picture will come later or if you are a 'friend' on my facebook page you can view it there.
I will try any way later.
Elena wants to stay the completion of the day although I was going to get her a early dismissal she said that the teachers were going to do something special.
Well, after the wednesday morning walk Barb and I are going for breakfast.

Well, finaly there is one of the pictures taken. After 1:00 then we will focus on getting ready for our trip to the beach. I finally decided to go on Monday (9th) and then Jim will come down on thursday with Daddy and Barbara. We have the grill for my Dad's birthday and fathers day gift all together and stored in Terri's detached garage. A brush and a cover with a picture will be unwrapped at the beach but the already assembled grill will stay and delivered when he returns home.
I think that I should say goodnight or good morning. I will update more later.
Grace and Peace,
Donna

1 comment:

Rose said...

Congratulations to you all for Elena's award. I'm sure you all worked hard to achieve the improvement.

Your beach trip sounds great, I wish I could meet you there. Have fun!