Thursday and Friday of this week I entertained my niece and nephew as their mother was in Jamaica on a mission trip with her second daughter. Thursday was a rough day with Elena with them. It was clear that she is not used to having to share or doing what others want to do being a only child. You would think the many times these same kids have been together doing things they would of figured out by now but no. Constantly I was threatening to separate them all or just fussing at her. It became very tiresome. That evening wasn't real sure what time their Dad was going to be here to pick them up so I quickly put together a cheese ravioli dinner for the kids and my brother in law. I think he appreciated it because he looked a little tired after such a long day. After they left Jim and I had a serious heart to heart with Elena about her behaviour. Friday, was so much better. She wasn't perfect but when corrected there wasn't a meltdown or argument. There is a water park nearby that we have never visited so I took the three kids there and they had a great time. It was so hot and like a dummy to save a couple of dollars I only paid to be a landlubber other than a water participant. I'll never do that again. I got way over-heated and ended up with a killer migraine headache and had to go to bed when we finally came home around 3:00 after a late lunch at Sonic drive thru. Felt better after a while and soon the kids were picked up by their father. Today I have felt awful all day. I think I got over-heated and dehydrated. I remembered how poor Daniel felt at the beach when he had his episode. Since my surgery to repair my hiatal hernia I can not vomit any more. I know if I could it would of happened today.
I guess this is way too much information for the weakest of tummies. Just a word to the wise...in these tough dog days of summer, drink, drink, drink your water. At least the three kids are doing OK. Tonight Jim took them to see "Iron Man" at the theater. Terri was coming in this evening and should by the time that I am typing this out should be home.
Tomorrow is a meeting for Elena's PLUNGE trip at church along with Jim is serving in the Lord's Supper during the two services because he is a deacon. So, a early morning again but should be fine if I am not still ailing. HA!
There is a rumor that we may have some visitors from Mississippi for the fourth. I really need to feel better don't I?!
Drink that water and God Bless!
Donna
1 comment:
I hope you feel better real soon!
The fourth is next weekend, when will Lisa know if she is coming to visit?
I wonder if they would drive up here to visit us also?
Post a Comment