Home sweet home. We returned Sunday night around 6:00 p.m. Haven't heard yet if Mary made it home OK. I guess no news is good news.
The first day home and we had two doctor appointments in the same area of town and 4 hours in between the two of them. I saw the colon doctor who has me trying a different fiber supplement for my IBS. Elena had a appointment with the psychiatrist who prescribes her ADHD medication. Then we found ourselves spending the rest of the afternoon at the Buick dealership. The main computer control of the car went out again. The first time was last Tuesday when I was in Myrtle Beach. It only cost $80.00 there but here when it happened again it's going to be 600 dollars more. When it happened with us today it was right after we went to Petsmart and was looking at all the CUTE (to quote my daughter)animals. We just went on to her appointment with Dr. Cromer and was praying it would of worked itself out by the time we came out. No such luck so we head out to the Buick repair shop in 95 degree heat without no air condition. That computer board controlled the AC, radio, automatic locks, security system, air bag and gauges indicators. At least the car didn't stop driving. I wish we could afford a new car but even with this Jim still thinks it's better than a monthly payment on a younger vehicle. My car is not THAT old but it has over 100,000 miles on it now. It's been every where! I mean it's a great traveling car. I guess he is right.
After the mess with the car on Tuesday we thought all was well until Daniel's heart rate was racing, he was vomiting and Wayne called EMS. The child was experiencing heat exhausting and the kids and us adults were preached to from the paramedics how you should have a ounce of water every minute you are out in the sun. NO sports drinks, pure H2O. Daniel's heart rate came down and he was doing better so they didn't have to take him to the hospital but it scared us and his parents. After that no more problems. The kids were great with drinking their water and we seemed to have a good time.
There wasn't any sister drama really and I was thankful for that. Our neighbors next door at the condos were enjoying some marijuana and we almost had to call the Police but they finally calmed down some. I burned the bottoms of my feet on Tuesday before the car issue from walking on that very hot sand on the beach with my two of my sisters. I have never burned my feet so bad. It was very painful. That is what I was doing when I discovered the car problems, I was driving back to the our condo to get band aids to put on my feet so I could walk better.
On Saturday Jim and Elena went fishing. I stayed behind to finally READ! When Jim phoned to say they were on the way back I went to the entry door of the condo to see if it was unlocked so they could just come right in. I had the sliding door open to the ocean side of the condo where I had been reading and opened the entry door to check if it was locked. The breeze from both sides caused the heavy metal door to close suddenly catching my four fingers in the door. I thought I had broken my fingers. But I was lucky. Only severely bruised the middle finger and it was swollen for a little while even after applying ice to it. So, did I have a good time? It was OK and what's more important I think the kids had a great time. They saw a movie, went to the aquarium, saw fireworks at the beach and Elena caught her first fish. I only read one book and that was finished on the way home. LOL
No ants when we came home but the dog's bill was $265.00. They did blood work on him and shots, medicine and boarding. The computer wasn't working in Elena's room and for some reason we were locked out of access to our checking account online. Maybe I should of not gone to the beach. LOL
Home today without a car but that's OK. I have lots of laundry to do. I brought home our linens and towels from the beach thinking it would save us some time to get out but didn't anticipate all the cleaning I had to do. We got out at the nick of time though because not knowing to us the rental company had someone coming in at 1:00 that afternoon. We were out the door at 12:00 noon.
WHEW!
Most all of my Dad's grandchildren. Missing was Danielle and Connor. He was there for until Tuesday morning and I didn't get to spend time at all with him at the beach. That is why NO new pictures of Connor and on the beach.
Have a great Tuesday and Happy Birthday Anthony!!!!!
5 comments:
Well, after reading that all I can say is (something we say around here ALOT)....never a dull moment! LOL
'great BIG hugs,
`yvette
Wow! Just reading all that tired me out! I'm sorry about all of the unfortunate events during a one week vacation.
I was wondering why you hadn't blogged, I now know, you didn't have time to blog.
I do love your car and I would have it repaired also. I especially like the color. LOL.
I hope that Daniel is OK, that rapid heart beat alarms me. I think they should have him checked out with his own DR, maybe an EKG would be worth while doing. He could have something like I do, it isn't always fast but something like heat or exhaustion will make it beat faster. It is good to know for sure before he gets into high school sports. Since he had this symptom, the health insurance will probably pay for it.
I wish all kids could get an EKG when they start to school, just to be safe. Making sure they are OK to be in gym classes and such.
I missed reading your blogs.
Welcome home.
Wow, that sounds like quit a trip!
Hope you have a vacation from your vacation!
-Scott
Ummmm,hummmm,THAT WAS A VACATION???
That sounds like what we call, DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!!! Glad you made it home... maybe you can rest from your vacation!!!!
I think now that you are home you need to relax and vacation there with all the comforts of home (LOL)for a few days!
Glad Daniel is better, that is scary.
I had a similar experience in our 100 dgree heatwave, but it was only my battery. Nothing like being broken down in sweltering heat with a kid. I do like you car though, I think it's a keeper for a little while longer too.
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment