Saturday, June 7, 2008

Feeling better about some things

Attitude adjustments have been made. I had myself so stressed out about this up-coming beach trip that I was making myself a complete wreck in all sense of the word. A major TRAIN Wreck is more like it. You can't change people so you have to change yourself. I went shopping today. Bought two books and plan to do some reading. I have been bit by the get back to reading bug and plan to loose myself when the going gets tough. HA!
Today was the first birthday party for my sweet little great-nephew Connor. I want to share this picture I took of him and feel really sure that you will agree that this is just way too cute not to share!

It was extremely hot today and I believe it was near the triple digits. Still, my sister and her daughter had everything perfect for the pool party and cook out. There was a lot of kids and adults there. My sister and her new husband and step-daughters were there as well.
Elena received her final report card yesterday in the mail. It was a very good one. Of course! I just can't believe how she has turned around for the better. Do you remember it wasn't that long ago I was venting how she was struggling so badly?
We will leave Monday morning. I am having my friend Jackie and her son over for dinner tomorrow night after we go see a movie together. I guess I should pack now, huh?! LOL
Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connor is just TOO cute!

Have a great trip!

`yvette

Rose said...

Connor is adorable, his eyes remind me of Scott's when he was a baby.

I hope you are enjoying the beach. Did you take your lap top?