Monday, June 23, 2008

Hot Monday

Not much to really say compared to all that happened at the beach. One week ago my car was put in the shop and I had a stressful first Monday back. This time it was much calmer and no car problems. Took Elena to the public library to check out some books for her to read and in the parking lot was a poor man trying to get his car started. I felt so bad for him and wished I had jumper cables to help him but I didn't pass him by without telling him how sorry I was. I hate car problems. It damages the trust you had in the car when crazy things start happening with it. I still like it and I even took it to get a nice bath and vacuuming out this past Saturday.
Last week was a nice week at home but became real stressful with not having anything really going on but life in general for Elena to do. She really gets to be a handful and she even had a riding lesson. Her cousins are again gone and she has no one to hang out with. Even when they are home it is rare that they get in contact with her and she usually has to call them. I just wish she would make friends her own age. But it is out of her comfort zone and she sticks with what is comfortable for her. Elena had an appointment with her therapist who really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know if I agree with her any more and am trying to decide if I want to continue taking Elena to her. Elena likes her though. I have to stick with someone Elena can open up to. I am hoping that Karla will be able to help her this summer. She has an opportunity to participate in a horse show in Tryon N.C. this weekend. I think we are going to let her do it.
Since starting on that new fiber supplement I have lost 9 pounds! I am feeling so much better and so glad I went to the colon doctor. He made me feel better by saying he didn't think we should rush another colonoscopy and that there was a new polyp. He said my diverticilosis was so small that it shouldn't be causing my IBS.
Still enjoying Facebook! Now I have my Aunt and some more cousins in my circle of friends! It's a cool way to stay in touch but it doesn't replace blogging.
Well, better end for now.
Grace and Peace to you!
Donna

5 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

So glad to see you back on here!! Missed you, love, Kathy

Rose said...

One of my favorite TV doctors was talking about IBS last Sunday morning. He said the main cause is stress (no surprise, right). He also said that some people can't tolerate artificial sweetners and that can cause IBS for them. IBS can also be caused from sugar, according to this DR Silva. He prescribed probiotics for all his IBS patients. (I am beating a dead horse, ha) He said that you must take the pill not the yogurt. The yogurt contains sugar and not enough probiotics. The pill should be a combination of several different types of bacteria. I had the pill from Costco (which was only one strand) and it didn't work for me.

I'm gong to send a second comment because I think this is too long.

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

He was also talking about diverticulosis and diverticulitis. I didn't know all of this. The first one means you have pockets in the colon. If you have this condition the pockets can become inflamed from food getting caught in the pockets, when inflamed it is then diverticulitis which causes pain and you can even get a low fevor.

When you have diverticulosis, like you and I both have, you need lots of fiber. But if it goes into diverticulitis you have to get off the fiber until you get over it.

I thought that was all interesting. I'm sure the fiber will be good for you. Losing weight is an added benefit. This DR recommended walking to relieve stress also.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are still bloggingto keep in touch because I need to try & figure out facebook still! I wish there were more hours in the day!!!!
Way to go on the 9 lb loss! That's great!
Kathy, NJ