Friday, May 9, 2008

Wedding Day

Things are quieting down a little bit before the big chain of events for today. Meeting Karen at a quaint little 'girlie' type of place for a bridesmaid lunch around 12:30 and afterwards Mary and I have a hair appointment then off to the bed and breakfast for the wedding.
Last night we had the gathering of friends and relatives for a barbecue at my soon to be new brother in-law's house. He has a huge, three story house that is very nice. He is still working on some painting of walls and installing recessed tv compartments in the walls but still it is an amazing house. The house has been on the market for a while because Karen doesn't want to live in that house. Since it was the house he and his ex-wife lived in she wants to have their own place. The market is not favorable right now and especially for 700,000.00 dollar homes. My favorite part of the house was the outside in the back yard. Had a wonderful stone patio over-looking a wooded back yard and it was so comfortable. I think Karen could make it her own if she wanted to and it may be that she has no choice if it doesn't sell soon.
When ever you get four sisters together there is always some drama. I have to tell you that I am really being tested lately and would really appreciate prayers for wisdom and guidance that I say the right things and that I don't offend. Life can really be difficult.
Well, need to go. Wish me luck! I will post pictures later.
BTW...you should see my toes! HA! Had a manicure/pedicure yesterday. Only the second pedicure of my life! HA!
Grace and Peace to you!
Donna

3 comments:

Rose said...

Enjoy the wonderful family event this weekend. I'm sure you will always say and do the right thing.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time!

-Scott

Anonymous said...

ENJOY!

`yvette