Thursday night is the 'rehearsal dinner' without the rehearsal. I went shopping today for outfits (casual) for Elena and I and thought I found something nice for her but she wasn't in any mood for change. She wants to wear the usual hole in jeans and a t-shirt. I did manage to buy her a shirt that she likes but the capri jeans were not 'her style'. So...I took her back to Kohls and told her she can find 'her style' and we will get it to go with the shirt. She was not in any mood to comply with her mother when all that was on her mind was getting her homework done then go swim with her cousins. We left the store not happy with one another and I told her she would not be going to the barbecue. More things were said that we both regret. Of course she knows I will not leave her out still the clothes issue and just the fact she has no care of her appearance really bothers me. She was all for getting her hair trimmed after school and asked for a shampoo as well. It does look nicer. At least her hair is cleaned now.
Everyone is stressed out! I just talked to Terri and she was all stressed out about the wedding and how Karen is not deciding anything just getting upset when she asks her questions. Oh...I just found out I will be lighting the candle that represents my Mom in the wedding. ...we need a rehearsal...
Yesterday my Great Aunt Marie called me. She never ceases to amaze me. She is 87 years old and she is now sharing her home with her daughter who suffers from MS. She can not come to the wedding and wanted to send me Karen's gift from her if I didn't mind. She was talking about all she and her daughter was doing and how Nita (her daughter) had to sell her business because the MS has gotten much worse. She will be 88 in September and she has a bad heart but she still pushes herself to the limit and still sharp as a tack. She was my Grandfather's angel when he was alive and even till his death at 93 years old. I cried as I got off the phone with her. I miss her so much and I swore to myself that once this wedding is over I am going to go see her. It's a shame that I have not seen her in several years and she only lives not even two hours away. She has such a sweet spirit and an amazing woman.
Well I need to go. I told you it would be a late post!
Grace and Peace to you!
Donna
2 comments:
I agree with everything you said.
1)Teenagers, ha, enough said.
2) A real rehearsal would not hurt
3) Brides to be do get emotional
4) A visit to a dear sweet relative is always pleasant and memorable.
I hope you all enjoy the wedding.
Hugs and Smooches!
`yvette
Post a Comment