I finally went to the doctor about my hip/leg pain yesterday. Well, I had a horrible night Sunday night with the pain keeping me up all night and JIM made the appoinment for me. I guess he was tired of hearing me. LOL It still could be my spinal bifia (spelling) but my doctor also said I could have a some arthritis there. Anyway, he gave me two shots of inflamatory medication to see if it works and if not I will have to have a MRI done. Either way I give my report to him tomorrow of the pain which all day was almost none. Jim also had a appointment yesterday and that was for his blood tests from that Urologist. Monday he will get the results.
Sunday we visited the newly opened "Upcountry Museum" and it was very interesting. Elena loved it. It opened last November and now I wish we had brought the Dalton kids there. I think they would of enjoyed it. Elena was picked out of the crowd to try on some HOOP SKIRT that the women wore in the early 1800's and a newspaper photographer took her picture. Asked us her name and it may be featured in the newspaper! LOL If it is published I will send a link to the article. I am thinking she has a paparazi following her now. HA Even one of the volunteers who was acting as if he was the Mayor of Greenville in the year 1887 asked her to come back and do some acting for them this summer! I think it's interesting how she is picked out of all the rest. We were told there will be another Schmooney show in Clinton, SC March 1st. So, back to rehearsals again on Thursday and then once a week till the show again. She isn't tired of it yet and wants to do it. I have my reservations because of the boys in the cast who is a 7th grader at the same school as Elena has been teasing her calling a name of "marble slab". Elena doesn't seem to know what that means and neither do I but I am willing to bet it isn't good. She tried to disguise herself the other day when Jim picked her up from school by removing her glasses as she rode by him in the car so he wouldn't see her and call her names from the car holding area. That bothered Jim and he expressed that to me. I don't know whether I should email his Mother or what. He showed this kind of ways to her at the last performance. If it was up to Elena I would of already had talked to her but I don't know if I should interfere because this may be a lesson for her to learn that she can't just make her life all about the boys all the time. She is so pre-occupied with the boys that she gets in trouble at school.
Speaking of school since she's started wearing the patch again in her social studies class alone she is making b's and a's... Her teacher is amazed. These are the daily grades. Of course she isn't eating good and I pray she isn't losing a lot of weight. Also, anxiety is showing up more now. We don't put the patch on her on the weekends.
Well...that's about all folks.
1 comment:
Donna, I feel so bad for having neglected you. As a friend, I'm guessing I pretty much suck. But with all that's going on, I don't know how I remember to put shoes on before I leave, let alone get to OTHER folk's Blogs. But I made it and I read at least the most recent post. I'll try to come back more, when I can. And I guess since it's WV, going without shoes wouldn't be THAT odd, however, we're supposed to get snow and go back to the freezing temps.
Things are pretty bad with my Aunt. She's gone down hill rapidly and we're all waiting for that moment. That call. That sigh.
Talk to you soon. Take care of YOU and yours. MAP
Post a Comment